Chapter 29: Baby surprise

Começar do início

When the second shot comes, Richard wants to dance with me.
"Really?" I ask.
He nods. He takes me to the dance floor. He wraps his arms around me. I feel him behind me and he is excited already. I don't want to be with him again.
I guess I don't have a choice.

IAN POV:

"No! Cassy don't!" I yell.

But she falls down and Charlie begins to nom on her. She is on the green ground giggling and telling Charlie to stop. Kyle is laughing next to me.

"I told you not to run!" I chuckle. I tell Kyle to grab the puppy so Cassy can get up.

"Good boy," Kyle says.

Cassy gives him the evil eye, "oh whatever, I will get you another time dog."

"So how about we go to the movies?" Cassy asks.

"Nope I can't. I gotta be the boss around here," Kyle brags for like the million time. I still cant believe dad just left like that! He put Kyle in charge! Why?

"Fine," Cassy says.

"I go with you if you want," I say. Cassy smiles, "okay let me go change."

She runs to her room. Kyle is looking at her butt like always.

"Kyle please stop it," I say.

He smirks, "how about you try it with Cassy? she is pretty."

"Kyle please," I roll my eyes and leave.

"Just saying!"

I go and wait for Cassy in the living room. I check my phone. there's a text from my dad: GOING HOME TODAY HOPEFULLY YOU ALL ARE STILL ALIVE

reply: OKAY DAD. SEE YOU LATER

"Ready!!" Cassy yells. She stands in front of me and models a cute summer white dress. "you like it?"

I nod, "you look pretty."

She takes my hand and we walk away. We go see a comedy movie then I take her to go eat a tradional burger.

She is eating her fries and looking at me weird. "you miss her?"

"what?"

She places her hand on mine. "Alex. You still hurt?"

"Not really just wondering if she is okay. She got really sick when we were barely married. I just want her to be okay."

She smiles, "you are still so nice yet a jerk."

What the?

"You are jerk because you still don't talk to your own brother," she says.

"Why suddenly is Kyle not your brother?" she asks.

"Half brother," I whisper.

"Whatever, still from the same father. I want to see you guys like I did before I left. You guys were united, respecful and nice to each other."

I take my hand and sigh. "it was my dad's decision not to treat him like a son."

"Richard? why?" she asks.

I roll my eyes, "you know that Kyle is not good right now or ever was."

"Do you mean the smoking?"

"Well that but that he had an alcohol problem and then he dropped from college. He also used to smoke pot. He isnt a good son in my dad's eyes."

Cassy doesn't believe me. "but he was so nice and loveable."