Forbidden Love .15.

Lucius's P.O.V

It was taking everything in me to hold back the urge to sink my fangs deep into her neck. I've kept it under control all night, but it's getting harder and harder. It's killing me, the humane part of me is enjoying the night, being out with a women who isn't just with me for the money, the title, or the sex. But the bloodthirsty side of me is in my ears screaming at me and wondering why the hell I'm not draining her dry and its getting louder and louder that I can barley concentrate.

She was just finishing up her meal at the restaurant I had brought her too and I let her order whatever she wanted. Id never seen anyone so happy to see spaghetti and meatballs.

"Mmm... that has to be the best food I've ever had."

"I'll make sure the cooks make it for you every night from now on."

She looked at me with a thanking smile.

"Where would you like to go, we've got an hour or so left?" I asked her.

"Lucius..."

"Yes?"

"Why are you being so nice, I mean don't get me wrong...I'm really glad you are. The only problem is I feel as if I'm being set up to be let down later...so please be honest with me." She looked at me with a stern look in her eye, she knew something was up.

"Is it a crime for me to want to spend time with you?" I asked innocently.

"Umm... definitely." She laughed "Your kind doesn't see humans as equals in any way at all, I know for a fact you also believe in that."

I crossed my arms on the table and leaned forward so that I was closer to her.

"It doesn't matter what I think about the majority of your kind, it matters what I think about you,  Erica."

"Well then what do you think of me?" She asked with a grin, but I could tell she really wanted to know.

"I think you're very unlucky, very beautiful.. but still extremely unlucky, and yet after everything myself and my family has put you through you've kept yourself together really well which I admire."

"I'm hardly keeping it together." She laughed. "But thanks."

I smirked back at her.

"Now answer the question, why are you hanging out with me?" She asked seriously.

"You won't give up will you?"

"Nope."

"I'm being punished for sleeping with the future queen." I said

She looked at me with a confused look.

"The court knows that I have a very low tolerance to humans, it's really hard for me to be around them, and so they're making me spend time with you because you're the most difficult human around." I explained.

"So all this is a punishment?" She asked with a grin on her face.

"To me yes, but I'm enjoying it to be quite honest."

"I don't know whether to be pissed, or hysterical." She laughed

She stood up and looked out the window to a clothing store across the street.

"You willing to spend some more money on me?" She asked

"What do you have in mind?"

"I need a new dress if were going to go dancing..." She laughed and ran across the street with me following behind her.

Julien's P.O.V

I had no idea what I was supposed to do with Alina, nor did I really care. I told the court I wanted nothing to do with a disloyal wife, so they would most likely have no other choice but to send her back home and hopefully she'd stay out of my life from now on.

I decided to just get out of my mind for a while and listen to Erica, and hopefully see that she was feeling better. I'd been ignoring her all day, because I feared I would just see her sadness again, but now I had own up to what I did and feel the pain I caused. I went and lay down on my bed and tuned into Erica's thoughts, then emotions, and views. It was almost an instant shock, I was expecting morose and I got excitement and happiness.

She's dancing at the local bar in a low cut slinky black dress and black heels. She's got a beer in her hand, and I feel a hand go around her waist and at the same time she realizes it, I also realize that its Lucius's hand and he's dancing right behind her.

She just laughs, grabs his hand, twirls around and shakes a finger at him telling him 'No'. He laughs back, and then gives her some distance. She's happy, and having a lot fun. I've never seen her so happy. I left her mind and tried not to feel anymore hatred towards my brother. But I did, he touched my woman. My Erica. And she's having fun with him, he's making her happy. Millions of emotions filled me at once.

I got up off the bed and threw the lamp next to me across the room, causing it to break against the wall. I was debating on whether or not to show up at the bar and kill Lucius, and claim Erica as my own....but that would only make Erica even madder at me. I can't hurt her anymore. If it's Lucius that really makes her happier I won't deny her of it, it's the least I could allow her for what I've done to her.