23

2 days later~

Mia

Me and August haven't been talking since the thing with Corie.

But me and Corie have spent these two days together and he makes me happy. But I miss August like crazy. I love him. I feel attached to him.. This is his last day here and I haven't said bye. I think I should..

I put on a flowery sundress, some light pink toms to match, and I put my hair in a bun.

I drive over to Augusts house without calling first. I knock and a couple seconds later the door swings open.

"Mia?!" Kayden jumps into my arms and I hug her tight

"Hey Kay I missed you!"

"Foreal? We all missed you, August missed you tha' most though."

I smile a little "I missed him too. Oooh you know what I didn't even know yall was gonna be here so I left the presents I got yall in the car. Should I go get those?"

"I mean ya' could but ain't no rush."

I laughed at how similar she was to August. "Alright. Get Chay and Amaiyah." She nods and disappears upstairs. I bring down the presents I bought not to long after I saw them for the first time.

I bring in the 3 bags each with their names on them. When I walk in they're all racing back down.

I decided to get Kay a life like doll with pontytails just like her and some candy. Amaiyah got a big my little pony with some of their books. And I got Chay nail polish and a junior makeup set. They went in another room to play and left me and August alone. I stand awkwardly leaning against the door.

"Hey." I break the silence

"Hey..."

"So I was thinking about the whole break thing and-"

"Oh I'm sorry do you have company?" I look up at the top of the stairs and there's a girl in sweats looking down on us.

"Woah..moved on that quickly." I narrow my eyebrows at him

"Let's go outside fa' a second."

-

"She's my ex and just so happened to be a dancer and I thought I needed one."

"Well now you do." I roll my eyes and turn to walk away "Goodluck August. Tell the girls I said bye. And tell your dancer I said bye too."

"Mia it ain't even like that c'mon on you tripping."

"Ya know I came here to apologize because I felt like I really was the one tripping. But- don't even worry about it. Bye August."

~~~

1 month later

I got dressed up in this laced black dress and black pumps. Corie was taking us to this fancy ass restaurant that you needed reservations to and tonight was the night. Me and August weren't a thing anymore. I still loved him and it bugged me he would be coming back tomorrow it'd been a month but it felt like a year.

I put my hair in a neat bun and push all thoughts of August out of my head we where going to have a nice night and I wasn't going to stress over something so dumb and irrelevant

"Mia you ready yet?!" he screams from downstairs causing me to rush a little as I slid on my pumps. "One minute." I yelled back

I took a look in the mirror and felt satisfied with how I looked. I walked down the stairs doing a little twist and watched Cories eyes watch me the whole time.

"You look so beautiful." he says smirking. I smile kissing his lips softly trying not to get any lipstick on him

"You ready?"

I nod and he takes his hand in mine leading us outside to his 2012 black Ford Mustang.

We finally get to the restaurant not to long afterwards and make our way outside where there where only 4 tables spread out reserved for mainly famous people

We finally get to the restaurant not to long afterwards and make our way outside where there where only 4 tables spread out reserved for mainly famous people. There was a beautiful view and lights to light up the outside.

"Oh man. This is goregous." He pulls out my seat and I sit down

"Nothing compared to you." he smiles making me smile

"Thank you for this Corie. Really. I love you." The first time I had said it to him and I meant it

"I love you too." he leans over kissing me again "Mia can I give you something?"

He pulls a box out of his pocket and I watch as he pulls it open revealing a cute little ring the shape of a crown inside.

"Promise ring?"

"Of course..." I knew I still had these feelings for August but at the moment my feelings for Corie where stronger

--

We where leaving. And I realized had forgotten my purse inside.

"Corie I'll be back I left my purse."

"Okay."

I rush back inside to retrieve my purse. I get it from our table and turn to walk back to the car and bump into someone.

"Im sorry."

"You good Mia."

Wha-? I look up and it's August..Im at a lost for words until I see his ex from before walking up behind him...pregnant?

"Woah." I mumble shit literally hit me like a truck and broke my heart at the same time.

"Huh?" she says. I still don't know her name.

"Congratulations."I say to the both of them flashing a fake smile

"Thank you." she smiles

"You too." August says looking down at my ring

"Uum thanks. I gotta go. See you later..." I rush out. I held in my tears that night until Corie was sleep then I called Gen

"He got a girl pregnant is what you're telling me?" she repeated

The words hurt even before I had let them out "August is gonna' be a father."

That's it yall. Look out for the sequel when I reach 35k alright? Thanks soo much for supporting me since Feburary which is when I published No Fucks Given. Peace -T

(Lemme know if you got any suggestions for a new book.)