1

My alarm clock beeps waking me up.

9:30 pm

I get dressed in a gray nike jumpsuit and my white forces. The last thing I felt like doing was dancing at this club but bills don't pay themselves.

I hop into my little 2010 Toyota carolla, buckle up and back out of the driveway ready to get this night over with.

Don't get me wrong I love dancing. I've been dancing since high school. A strip club is not my first choice but at this point its the only place I get paid to dance.

I promise as soon as I get the chance to dance for real I'll take it. What I do now is strictly to get by the only upside to dancing almost completely naked for me is doing it beside my best friend.

I pull into the parking lot. The signsin neon blue lights get brighter as I get closer. "Magic city".

I grab my pink duffel and pay my dues at the door.
It's Saturday so I know Im making bank today. I walk towards the back past the hookah area and into the dressing room and locker room area.

I greet a few of the other dancers as I enter the room.

"Looking fine as alway's best friend." I say greeting my best friend Genesis while approaching my vanity

She smiles and flip's her hair "Girl you know exactly how I do."

I walk over to my little station and sit my duffel bag down on the counter top. I pull my curly hair out from the top knot bun it was in and it fall's just right. I start on my makeup which consisted of eyeliner, lashes, brown lip liner, and some shiny ass lip gloss that tasted like mint. I slide on my best outfit and highest heels considering my goal tonight is 7k.

That might seem like a reach but on Saturdays its always hype. Me and Genesis hit the hookah while I wait for 11oclock to hit which is my time to hit the stage.

I step out with the music starting in my 6 inch heels.
Money by Cardi B starts playing and I grab the pole starting with a spin trick.

My bitches all bad my niggas all real ride his dick its a big tall hill 
Big fat checks big large bills

I sing along in my head as I land down into a split and shake my ass. Earning whistles and hollers from the crowd. I know I have their attention and pretty soon the money is just coming in.

My first rule if stripping is to never take a nigga from the club home, but in order to earn money I do make sure I at least look out for niggas who tip big. A light skinned man wearing sun glasses sitting on the left side of the stage is who caught my attention. I didn't know him but I can tell he was somebody by all the niggas around him and just how he acted.

I walked over to the left part of the stage grabbing the pole and doing another trick while keeping eye contact with him.

He motioned for me to come here. I crawled over to him and he stuck 2 hundreds in my bra.

He kept making eye contact with me. Well from what I could see from behind those shades. I made sure to be on shit when I knew somebody who had it like that was watching. I finished dancing and collected my money from the stage.

"Sis..." Genesis says approaching me while I count my money "I saw your ass out there."
"How'd I do?"
"As good as always but thats not what Im talking about?" She says, her eyes getting wide
"Then what is it?"
"August Alsina"
"Who?"
She rolls her eyes "Girl do you live under a rock or?"
"2060...3080...4-nope"
"August is the rich ass rapper  that was throwing all them hundreds your way."
"He ain't nothing to me but a ATM so I couldn't care less who he was. All that matters Is that I reached my goal for tonight." I say clapping happy as fuck.

"All I'm saying is people know him."

"Mhm. But its almost 12 which means you're about to be on." I remind her

"Alright." She checks the mirror and tightens the straps on her heels before walking out

I put my jumpsuit back on. Then I slide on my nikes and pack my money, makeup, and costume into my duffel bag.

An hour or two passes before Genesis is done. She walked back in with bags full of money

"Guess what?" She says

"Hollywood was not tipping anybody like he was tipping you. So it seems you're his favorite."

"I am not worried about this man. You of all people should know men are the last things on my mind." My ex's smile plays around in my head one time.

She starts packing her things. "Mia its been 3 years. Someday you will have to move on."

"Yes someday." I say helping he finish up grabbing everything

We head towards the back exit

I sigh and push the door open. "You're right. It's  just hard to invest feelings into new people at this point."

We start crossing the parking lot "I'm praying you heal sis." Genesis says

"Aye!" I turn my head I can't really make out who it is but I see Genesis's eyes get wide.

"Who's this?" I mumble as he make's his way closer to my car

"Hollywood." Is all she say's then she gets into the car.

"Wassup. August." He say's standing there with his hand's shoved deep into his pocket.

"Okay?" I say leaning against the window

"I know you hear this often but I just wanted to let you know you're beautiful, your body is amazing and your dancing -" I cut him off

"Okay thank you but is there anything I can help you with? Because I'm kinda in a rush."

"I want to take you out."

I smirk "See that's cool and all but I have a boyfriend." I shrug

His eyes widen. "Boyfriend huh? He can come with us."

I laugh "I'm sorry I'm just not available to go out I'm too busy."

He smacks his lips
"Oh I see. Just tell me ya' name and I'll go."
"Mia."
He hold's his hand out to shake. I grab it and he plant's a kiss on my knuckle's.
"Goodnight." He says before turning and walking away

I get in the car with a slight smile crawling up on my face. "Genesis not a word."

She zip's her mouth shut with an invisible zipper but I can tell she could barely contain her squeal's.
"It was nothing." I try to convince her "OH YEAH GETTING YOUR HAND KISSED BY AUGUST ALSINA IS NOTHING!"

Oh god here she goes... "Girl I-"

"I cant believe your prissy ass just shot down August Alsina!"

"Look! I don't want a relationship right now and that is that." I say backing out of my parking space. "Mmm."

Damn I'm never going to hear the end of this. I swear!

"You know you like him." She mumble's "That's it, we're not talking about August were having a August free car ride home okay." I turn on the radio

"Your listening to 98.3 the beat where we play the top ten songs in a row next we have a fresh young artist toping the billboards at #1 Hold you down August Alsina featuring DJ Khaled and Chris Brown. I keep my eye's on the road as I click off the radio and feel Genesis burning a hole through the side of my head. "Not a word."

Vote please ☺