4

M I A

I wrap my arms around Gen trying to hold back my tears. "Keep bringing in that paper."

"You know me. Have fun, be safe and watch daddy for me." she says referring to Trey

I laugh and nod

"Alright M dont miss your flight. I love you."

"I love you more."

She pulls away from the airport waving goodbye.

"Bye."

I turn around to pick up my pink carry on bag And follow behind the rest of the group members.

Its hard to say goodbye to her. She's like my sister, IS my sister. She's been there for me when I lost my mom to cancer and my boyfriend..passed. She was there for me through it all and that brought us closer.

We pass through the metal detector's then the rest of the boarding process is finished shortly after. We start making our way into the plane. I put my carryon up while August eyeballs me. Lucky me I got a first class seat next to him.

I know August is probably a good person it's just that, that night with August made me feel like things I haven't felt since Desmond and that's exactly what I'm scared of.

We take our seats. Mine being next to the window.I reminisce about Desmond the way he use to give me all his attention and drop everything to come to my rescue. Do anything for me and then I think about why I couldn't save him.

People tell me over and over that it wasn't my fault and I shouldn't blame myself for it. But it was my fault. I let it happen and I will alway's hate myself for it.

I felt a tear start to roll down my cheek so I wipe it away before August or anyone else notices.

I look over at August. He has his seat layed all the way back with his hands behind his head and his legs crossed. I guess it's his favorite position. This nigga still has them damn shades on. I roll my eyes and look out the window.

Im honestly not too fond of flights or airplanes. I can bare it most times but sometimes it really gets to me. Something about being this high in the air gives me nightmares.

"What are you rolling ya' eyes at me for'." I hear August say

My head snaps in his direction. "Your are not my dad, I am grown. Don't ask me why I do what I do." I wink

He chuckles but not like "ha ha ha you're funny" but like "shittt she just dont know..."

I raise and an eyebrow at him "That wasn't a question I was really just telling you to check yourself'. I could be ya' daddy but you playing."

I smack my teeth "Boy bye. I know not to mix business with pleasure. If I want to keep my job." I turn back towards the window

"Why would I fire you? Right now im just trying to figure you out." I turn and look at him again his figure rubbing his chin

"Keep trying," I say turning back around a final time "It might take you a while." I mumble

I put one of my headphones in.

"You turned me down. Im not use to that. It hurt." he fake sniffles

"Im nothing like what you're use to. I don't go for any and everybody. Especially when they using those tired as lines.." I say still looking out the window

The fasten seatbelt sign comes on and I do as told.

"Oh thats what it is. My lines are tired. The other night I couldn't tell. You were blushing so hard."