21

Mia

I put on a tight fitting black skirt and a brown leather jacket with brown wedges and my hair in a semi-high pontytail.

I walk into the court room after having a small talk representing basically our side. If he was going to call me up to the stand I had to make sure I was prepared.

After all rise I tune out everything until Ashely steps up into the stand part to testify. Basically they're trying to get Ashely commited as in an Mental establishment.

"Ms. Brooks are you in love?" her attorney starts

"Yes."

"Are you in love with someone in this room Ms.Brooks?" he walks around the stand switching his glare from her, the jury, and us.

"Yes." I looked into Ashelys eyes they where different...

"Would you care to tell us?" he shrugs cupping his hands together. He was a tall Caucasian man, about in his 40's with grey eyes.

"August Anthony Alsina." I grip Augusts hand tightly, cringing almost

"Did you have any physical relations with Mr.Alsina?" he says

"Yes."

I scoff quietly to myself.

"As in oral sex? And or regular sex?"

She nods "Both."

I pause...huh? What? I shift uncomfortably gripping Augusts' hand tighter she has to be lying

"Ashely what where you taught since you where younger?"

"To do anything for the man I loved."

"And who taught you that?"

"My mom." A sick smile creeps upon her face but eventually disappers

"Tina Brooks?" he questions

"Yes."

"Where you ever sexually, physically, and/or verbally abused by any one of your mom's boyfriend?"

"Y-yes..." she stutters

"How many?"

She looks off thinking "4 out of 8 of them." A tear slips out of her eye and she quickly wipes it

"Im sorry Ms.Brooks...Did your mother know about this?"

"Yes." she nods

"Did she do anything to stop them?"

"No."

"Did your mother physically, verbally, or sexually abuse you?"

Ashely stares blankly into space and says nothing.

"Ms.Brooks did your mother physically,verbally, or sexually abuse you?" he repeats

When he says that it's like something snaps in her.

"YES SHE DID! SHE SAID IT WAS BECAUSE SHE LOVED ME! AND I'VE DEALT WITH THE MEMORIES EVERY DAY OF MY DAMN LIFE! SHE ALLOWED HER SO CALLED BOYFRIENDS TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANTED TO ME FOR MONEY. SHE PUSHED ME TO TRY AND KILL GENESIS THEN SHE RAN OFF TO OUR CABIN LEAVING ME HERE TO WALLOW IN HER MEMORIES AND MISTAKES!" full on tears are pouring out of her eyes and I almost feel bad for her...

"Your honor may I call for an early recess?" Ashelys lawyer says he was waiting for that so it'd prove Ashely was fucked up in the head.

The judge agrees and we're all exiting the court room. My mind quickly switches back over to what she said before. I pull August to the side. "You told me you only let her do oral." I change my words up I would feel bad saying dick in here

"It was one time way before I met you." he says nonchalantly

"And you didn't think it was important enough to tell me?!"

"No because it's irrelevant she is about too be out of our lives and I don't want to have to relive unnecessary shit."

"August we're in court we are going to be relive it all I'm saying it's you could have at least told me." I look away avoiding his eyes

"Im sorry." he rubs my arm

"Did you know about any of that stuff with Ashely's mom?" I ask slowly

He shakes his head no "Of course I didn't know."

Man I never would've guessed...

~~

After the recess we come back into the court room.

It's the others side to cross examine Ashely.

He was also a caucasian male, a bit younger, and shorter with dark brown lifeless eyes.

"Ms.Brooks, how are you?"

"What kind of question is that?" she snaps

He holds his hands up in defense "You're right... Ms.Brooks did your mother force you to burn Mia's things?"

"No."

"Did she force you to spike in Ms.Ashers drink?"

"...No."

"Did she force you to plant Mia's Lipgloss on Mr.Brown?"

"No."

"So why did you do it? Perhaps you knew exactly what you where doing. Ms. Brooks you are aware that you cant keep blaming everything on your mom."

"I needed to get her out of the way. I still do." her eyes lock dead with mine and the courtroon is filled with excited murmurs

The judge bangs the gavel. Saying order and almost instantly the room returns back to it's normal quiet state.

"Your honor this young lady knew exactly what she was doing. With or without her mothers help she is not mentally ill, scarred but not ill. No further questions."

"The jury will come to a verdict tomorrow morning 9a.m. sharp." She bangs her gavel and were dismissed.

~~~

August

Mia decides to sleep over again but I go out to meet my new manager. One of the best managers in ATL. We're just going to sign everything. I spent most of yesterday reading through it with my lawyer. And it looks okay, well more than okay which is why im hiring her.

We meet in a icecream shop I wanted to get Mia one since she loves icecream.

She walks over and holds out her hand to shake. I accept and she firmly shakes my hand and sits in the seat in front of me.

"Nice to finally meet you." I say pulling the papers out of my bookbag and signing

"Likewise. And nice doing business with you Mr.Alsina."

"You as well."

she nods and gets up "We do have a rather personal matter to speak on tomorrow so we can meet here tomorrow at 4. I have your number."

I nod

That was quick. What rather personal matter do we have to speak on anyways. I really need to practice keeping my manager's outta' ma' personal life and outta' ma' pants.

I shrug and get Mia some snickers ice cream with gummy worms and myself plain strawberry with sprinkles.

~~

Nothing really happened kinda a filler but something is coming up if yall didn't already guess it. ;))