Chapter 83

-Hayley's POV-

"Hayley!" Denise grinned as soon as she saw me from the doorway. It was Saturday morning and Denise had brought Theo over along with Greg, just as Maura said.

"Hey!" I greeted walking over to embrace them. "Oh my god! Theo has gotten so big! Yes, you have. Yes, you have!" Normally I would be embarrassed to baby talk in front of someone else's family, but the Horans had become my second family. Actually I was probably closer to them than my actual family. The thought pained me. It shouldn't be that way but that's how it was.

Denise nodded. "Yeah, he's growing up on us." Theo kicked giddily as I continued to make silly faces at him. When he squirmed so much that Denise had trouble holding him, she handed him over to me.

"I think there's a football game on." Greg said leading Denise to the seating area.

Maura rolled her eyes. "You and Niall with your football obsessions." She teased before disappearing into the kitchen to get some refreshments.

-Niall's POV-

I walked down the stairs out to my car. I figured I would go see my mum and dad before the show tonight. Just when I made it outside my phone started ringing. It was still early in the morning so I knew it wasn't Hayley. It was probably one of the lads or Greg.

"Hello?" I said not looking at the caller ID.

"Niall, mate, what's your plans for the day?" It was Louis.

I thought it over. "I'm gonna see my mum first then see my dad." I inserted my key into the ignition and heard the roar of the engine.

"Wait what?" Louis asked sounding slightly panicked. "You mum's?"

"Yes, Lou." I said. I was starting to get annoyed with the lads telling me not to go see my family. I wanted to see them before tour and then I'd hardly ever see them.

"Ohh.. ok. Well just remember that we're all meeting at your house at two."

"Yeah I know."

"ok. well see you later tonight." Louis said and then hung up shortly. Well that was just kinda.. weird.

I decided to text Greg and ask him if he wanted to meet up at mum's or dad's before putting the car in drive.

-Hayley's POV-

I lied Theo down in the back room for his nap and returned to my seat on the couch. I looked over at Denise and Greg. They were so cute together. The way they smiled at each other or the look in their eyes before Greg would lean in for a kiss and then stubbornly turned at last second. Everytime Denise would laugh and playfully slap his cheek until he fully kissed her. It was cute. She would lean into his chest while Greg would secure his arm around her. But the funniest thing was how they hoth got so invovled in a soccer game. They'd both jump up and down and get tense. I had learned a lot about soccer but I rarely got so into a game. Niall, on the other hand, rarely didn't.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. It was Louis.

"hey Lou." I greeted. "what? are you shitting me?! Shit. okay." I sprung from my seat and paced back and forth in a panic.

"Are you ok?" Greg asked just as he got a text message. His eyes grew wide and ge turned the phone for Denise to read.

"You're gonna have to hide." She said hastily.

"what is going on?" Maura asked in confusion.

Denise urged me back into a back room that Niall would have no excuse to enter. "Mum, Niall is on his way over here." Greg explained to his mom.

"oh shit." she cursed. It was kinda amusing hearing her curse. She was just the nicest lady and this was the first time I've heard her foul language that Niall had talked about. Niall would decide to visit family and make things complicated.

-Niall's POV-

I really wanted to stay longer than I could but I knew I'd have to be back home and get ready for the show tonight. Which only left me with a little over an hour with each parent. Joy. I had ended up going to my dad's first. He said he was excited to see me so I figured it was the least I could do. I really enjoyed being with my dad. I felt awful sometimes because I was never home enough and when I was it was short. My dad was always my rock. He was the guy I went to when nothing would go right and to this day he still is. I told him about everything that happened last time I showed up at Hayley's apartment. At first I knew he was taking it the same way I did but as I continued with the details he understood that shit happens. He promised he'd be at the show tonight and that he was proud of me. No matter how often he tells me that, it hits me in the heart every time.

I shut my car door and walked up to my mum's front door. Chris' car was in the driveway so he must have gotten off work early. Chris.. what are the odds that they'd have the same name. Ugh. I knocked on the door twice, like always, and waited patiently for someone to let me in.

"Hey Mum." I smiled as she gave me a teary-eyed grin. Even though my mum pushed my buttons and often drove me to the edge of insanity, I loved her. She had done so much for me and I owed it to her.

"Hi Niall. How are you?" She asked as I released her from my strong embrace. I shrugged and told her i was fine but nervous.

"Don't be nervous!" She squealed as we walked towards the living room. "You'll do great. You always do and besides it is just all your friends and family."

I laughed. "That's the point." I grinned when I saw Greg and Denise remove themselves from their positions on the couch and waked towards me with open arms.

"Hey what's up lad?" I asked my older brother. He shrugged and said nothing new. I received the same response from Denise. "Where's theo?"

"He's taking a nap." She smiled as we all settled into the soft cushions. "ready for the show?"

I shrugged. "Im ready but I just.. It could be better." I admitted.

"What do you mean?"

I sighed. "It would just really be great if Hayley would be here for tonight. I miss her and she tends to calm me down somehow."

Denise smiled sadly and nodded. "I bet she really wanted to be here."

"She did." I agreed.

I felt kinda odd talking about this with my mum and Denise sitting here. If it was just Greg and my dad it wouldn't be this.. Strange. It was just... I don't know. The only girl that I really could open up to and say whatever was on my mind was Hayley. Even then I had trouble expressing how I really felt about her.

"So what you think about the game?" Greg asked, casually changing the subject. I appreciated that, I wasn't in the mood to talk about Hayley right now. I just wanted her here. I wanted to feel her touch. Feel her small arms wrap around my waist and rub my back soothingly. I wanted to hear her voice tell me that I was going to be great and that I had nothing to worry about. But most of all i wanted to feel her kiss and see the happiness on her face as she experienced her first concert. That's what she's wanted since the beginning and that's what I wanted to give her, but plans don't always work out the way we want them to.

"It was craic."

((Okay so I may or may not double update. I want to but im not sure how much time I will have so please bare with me! Next update will be the concertttt!))