Chapter 70

-Hayley's POV-

I pulled the covers tighter around me. I wanted to just stay in bed all day, and I could have, but I could smell food. I turned over to see the bed next to me empty. Niall had beat me up? That didn't happen very often and even when it did he usually had me end up cooking.

I put on underwear and slipped Niall button up shirt from last night around me. I padded out into the kitchen to find a shirtless Niall cooking waffles.

"Someone got up early." I teased while pressing a kiss to his cheek. I sat myself on top of the counter next to the stove and pulled a mug out of the cabinet.

He smiled. "I couldn't get back to sleep and I felt like doing something productive."

"Cuddling in bed naked isn't productive?" I laughed. I could feel the heat warm the mug in my hands. It kinda stung but I was freezing so I could deal with it.

Niall put his hands on his hips, mocking the way I act when he's stubborn. "I try to be a good boyfriend and cook you some damn breakfast and all you can think about is sex? Shame on you."

"Looks like the tables have turned." I laughed.

"I'm not complaining about it though." He smiled brushing his fingers down my arm.

...

With our hands holding the other's across the table, we ate breakfast together. For the most part it was quiet but every so often something would pop into Niall's head that he just had to share with me. I found enjoyment in listening to Niall talk about the things we was so passionate about. Over the past months I have learned more about soccer than I had learned algebra throughout all of high school.

The way his eyes would light up made the simplest things seem far more interesting than I normally would have found it. Or maybe it was the way he smiled so big that a tiny dimple formed on his left cheek. Most of the time I couldn't understand him because he talked so fast. His accent didn't help either.

I would find myself dazed by his voice. I would subconsciously lean forward, not wanting to miss a single word. His smile was contagious. It had reached the point where I wouldn't notice I was smiling until my cheeks began to ache.

But of all the things I loved about Niall, the thing that amazed me every time was when he sang or played the guitar. The way he lost himself as his fingers danced over the neck of his guitar, just the thought of it sent chills down my spine. He knew it too and took advantage of it whenever we were alone.

"So what's the plans for today?" Changing the subject before I exploded.

"My Dad's." Niall said pushing his empty plate away from him. "We'll have dinner there. Gift exchange and then we all go to church to celebrate Christmas and then after that we all head our separate ways."

I nearly choked on my coffee at the words 'gift exchange'. "I'm sorry what?"

Niall laughed lightly. "Don't worry I took care of the gifts. I just said it was from both of us."

"Niall!"

He squeezed my hand, signaling for me to calm down. "That's how it was planned. They go by couples and such. Just like Denise and Greg are in charge of one gift, so are we."

I let out a sigh of relief. Thank God. I didn't want to feel like Niall was buying things without my say. It bothered me when he did that.

"Alright. Thank you. Sorry for almost stabbing you in the face." I smiled.

"You didn't almost stab me in the face."

"In my mind I did five times." I admitted.

He laughed loudly and started to clear the dishes.