chapter 27

-Niall's POV-

The TV was was turned to a baseball game with the volume blaring through the speakers. Hayley rested her head her on my shoulder while keeping me updated with each player's stats. Her dad sat in one of the recliners and drank his second beer. The only reason I remembered was because I really wanted one but reminded myself that in America I was still underaged. Hayley must have read my mind because as soon as a commercial came on she got to her feet and made her way to the garage door.

"Hey Dad, do you mind sharing?" she shouted behind her.

"As long as you don't plan on going anywhere tonight." He replied, "And only one!"

"Niall, babe, you want a beer?" she asked with a smile. I simply nodded my head, knowing she already knew My answer.

Hayley handed me my beer before settling back into her previous position.

"I'm sure this sucks compared to what you're used to." she winked.

We spent the rest of the night watching sports and talking with her dad. When it was almost midnight, Derek stood up and kissed Hayley's head goodnight.

"Goodnight Niall. Glad you are able to stay with us." he said shaking my hand.

"Thank you, Sir for having me." I said with a nod.

"You just can't call me Derek can you?" he laughed as he threw his bottle in the recycling bin.

I shrugged my shoulders slightly, "It's a habit. I'm sorry sir- I mean, uhm, Derek." He chuckled deeply and shut the bedroom door behind him. The door clicked softly.

"God, I thought he'd never leave!" Hayley said reaching across me to set her empty beer next to mine on the end table. She wasted no time, immediately locking her lips to mine.

-Hayley's POV-

I had behaved myself long enough. I just couldn't take it any longer! His blonde hair, the blue eyes, and that thick Irish accent, God! I turned my body to where I was straddling Niall. I felt his tongue trace my lip, begging for entrance, which was granted. I slipped my hand up his shirt, feeling every feature. He began to tug at my lower lip, turning me on even more. I broke off the kiss and moved to his earlobe, nibbling lightly. Niall moved to My neck kissing at my jaw line before beginning to suck below my ear.

"Niall," I managed to say despite the hitch in my throat. "I swear if you leave a hickey I better be able to hide it."

I felt him smirk against my neck while kissing further down. His tongue left a hot wet strip before sucking harshly at the sensitive skin.

"Holy shit.." I mumbled.

Abruptly, Niall pulled back and smirked again. "bed time."

I glared at him before getting to my feet. I grabbed the empty beer bottles and tossed them into the recycling bin. I walked to the foot of the stairs and flicked off the lights. Just then I felt Niall's hand skim my my lower back. I turned to face him only to be lifted and set over his shoulder. I muffled a small shriek as he carried me up the stairs, to my room.

I leaned against the door frame separating my room from my bathroom. I watched as Niall ran his fingers through his hair. I ran my hand down his spine, wrapping my arms around his waist. He was so much taller than I was. He turned to face me, his eyes widened immediately.

"Yeah, sorry. no make up." I said sheepishly.

He cupped my chin and kissed me lightly. "No you look gorgeous." he whispered. I could feel all my blood rush up to my cheeks. No matter how often he complimented me, I always turned red, whether it was over text message, the phone, Skype, anything. I opened the far window just enough for the air to circulate. I crawled into bed as Niall stripped down into his boxers. "Are you going to make me put pants on?" he smirked.

"No, but I do have a no shirt policy." I laughed. He didn't argue and pulled his shirt over his head.

I felt Niall snake his arm around me pulling me in closer.

"Niall" I mumbled burying my face into his bare chest.

"What is it, princess?" he said sleepily.

I smiled to myself. Princess. for the past few years I dreamed and wished for the day that I could be called that by Niall. I never expected it to happen. never.

I squeezed him as tight as I could. "I just wanted to say that I missed you... and I'm glad you're back."

He kissed my head, party In my hair partly on my forehead. I felt my eyes get heavier as Niall played with my hair and slowly ran his thumb back and forth over my arm.

"I missed you too, Hayley."