chapter 12

-Niall's POV-

I watched as she walked down the hall before she turned into a different corridor.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Louis yelled. His forehead was furrowed just as the other three. "You're just going to let her walk away? Without a fight? Without anything?" He continued. I really didn't know why I didn't give her my number or hug her tight or tell her how great she was. I didn't know, all I knew was it hurt too much to watch her leave.

"Niall, mate," Liam spoke, "I saw you two. I saw the way you looked at her when she wasn't looking. I saw you grab her hand when she felt uncomfortable talking about her tattoo. So why are you standing here with us?"

I looked each of them in the eyes one by one.

"I just can't.." I said barley above a whisper.

"Yes, you can. She's not going to say no." Harry inputted while messing with his curls.

"Go after her." Zayn said firmly

I stood there for a moment before breaking into a sprint, heading down the halls, looking for Hayley.

I heard my footsteps echo throughout the halls between my shouts. I knew she couldn't have gotten too far. It didn't take long for the boys to bring me to the realisation that she could be gone just like that. I ran out to the car garage doors. I thrusted the doors open to see Hayley walking further away from me. I shouted her name causing her to turn around. I slowed to a jog as the distance between the two of us decreased.

She looked at me with her chlorine eyes. Her face held little emotion as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. "What?" she asked looking up at me coldly.

"I am an idiot." I said between short breaths. "I just didn't know what to do but I assure you, what I did was not the right thing." Her eyes softened as she uncrossed her arms. She reached into her sweats pocket revealing her phone.

"Add your number and I'm sure we can forget that you screwed up." she teased holding the phone out to me. I smiled as I took the phone from her small hand.

After inputting my number, I took her hand and pulled her close for a hug. I felt her grip tighten and I did the same in return. I kissed her on the temple before pulling back.

"This is yours." I smiled putting the phone back in her hand. She shook her hand before smiling up at me. She gave me a sarcastic thank you before her mother honked the car horn. Annoyance covered her face as she turned to tell her one more second.

"I better go." She said giving me one last hug.

"I know," I said as I released her from my grasp, "I'll text you." Even in the dim lighting I could see her cheeks flush pink.

-Hayley's POV-

I sat myself in the passenger seat as I ignored Mom's rant. I pulled the seatbelt across my body before turning back to find Niall gone. I dropped my head in disappointment as I pulled my phone put of my pocket. I unlocked it to find a text from Niall saying: "I can't wait til I can see you again. I miss you too much already."

Mom continued to complain but I can't honestly say I remember any of it. My thoughts were filled with the image of a blonde hair blue eyed boy.