Doughnut Disaster VII

"Are you kidding me? This is way too big for a rabbit!" Nick chided in shock when he noticed the elephant sized keyboard. He held out his left paw over of the arrow keys, comparing the obvious size difference. "These buttons are almost as big as my paw!"

Judy eyeballed the sizable keyboard in surprise. "Okay, Chief did say that the equipment might be out of scale but I certainly did not expect this. Not to mention the computer mouse is half my size."

Nick smirked at her comment as he pictured her awkwardly shifting the cursor on the screen by pushing the giant mouse around the table's surface and attempting to type words by jumping on the buttons. It was always very interesting and notably captivating every time he watched Judy perform makeshift stunts to accomplish such minor activities that are too big for her small frame. Not implying that Nick had never done something similar as well, but he was sure that she had to do things like these way more than he had to. Besides, he was a head and a half taller than the bunny anyway. His observation was cut short when he noticed her staring at him impatiently. "Sorry, Whiskers. Was thinking of something; What do you need me for?"

"Did you really miss out what I just said?" Judy exclaimed in disbelief, letting out a quick sigh afterwards. "I, need you, to help me to type as I move the cursor." She repeated.

"On it, Hopps," Nick noted, lacing his digits together, flexing them with his arms outstretched in front of himself. He gingerly rapped his fingers in the air above the keys. He wondered how much strength was needed to push these buttons; hopefully, they are not spring loaded and rusty, because that would mean a lot of raw force. After all, he never touched the gym in his lifetime. He was fit and healthy, but not hulkingly beefy like the glamorous tiger dancers in Gazelle's live concerts. He realised he had overestimated his physical capabilities that one time when he desperately tried to separate the rams from attacking Judy. Perhaps he should consider working out for the sake of protecting himself and Judy, Nick thought. Not all intense like those crazed gym fanatics, but enough to make a difference. Looking back at Judy, he gave her the thumbs up. "Ready for action, Carrots. You have control of the cursor, you lead the way."

It took a bit of effort to use the computer, especially on Judy's side. Because of the positioning of the mouse, Judy could barely see where the cursor was moving to on the screen. Nick having the perfect front view of the monitor had to guide her through after she informed him of the folders that needed clicking. Teamwork was the crucial part of the plan and they were glad that they synchronized well as partners. As for the typing, Nick swore that the keyboard felt like an aged typewriter. It required him to utilize his limited strength to push down a single key. It clicked loudly as he pressed down. And being an enormous keyboard, some keys needed him to stretch his whole body to reach them. Typing the sixteen character password took him almost a minute. Maybe he could get fitter just by doing this alone, he thought to himself.

"Alright, final step; You need to type in this thirty-two character serial code to access the traffic cameras. Hang in there, Nick!" Judy laughed pitifully at Nick as she read from the hefty manual. His ears shot up from hearing what she said, eyes opened wide in disbelief. His arm muscles were already aching from typing "ZPD traffic cameras" in the search bar.

"Are you serious? My arms will fall off!" Nick complained, snatching the instructions from her paw, scanning through the lines, only to groan painfully when he found out that she was not pulling his leg. "Seriously, I am going to become handicapped."

Judy chuckled at Nick's exasperation. "Fine, I will help you. Let's do this together," She reassured him. Pulling away from the mouse, she skipped to the keyboard. "You do the odd letters, I will do the evens."

Even with Judy helping him with half the load, Nick felt as though his muscles were about to snap each time he pushed down hard on a key. His arms were on fire, his nerves screaming in agony. The constant stretching over the keyboard to reach for far off buttons made Nick's whole body uncomfortable. He had broken into a shivering cold sweat even though the office was air conditioned. He readjusted his tie, allowing the cold air to revitalize his sweaty neck. Meanwhile, Judy stomped hard on top of the keys; She had to kick the button with both legs as she lands on it else the key would not budge from her light weight. They were only halfway through the serial number and he was craving for a lie-down. But he pushed himself to continue; now it was not a test of strength but of willpower. After what seems like an eternity of extreme button pressing, he smacked his head down on the keyboard; His tongue lolling outside his mouth, panting from severe exhaustion. The effects of sending his body into overdrive were starting to hit him like vehicles running over an unnoticed roadkill on a busy highway.