The Arrival

Natalia Reyes

    We loaded up the Über with our luggage and had the driver take us to our hotel. I didn't understand why Annalise talked our parents into letting us a get a hotel room instead of a rental penthouse. I knew the bill for the room for a whole month would be expensive. But I made a promise to Annalise that I wouldn't complain since she says I complain too much. Which I don't believe I do.

   I looked out the window as we drove into traffic. Miami was exactly how I imagine it to be. Gorgeous. The pretty blue sky and palms trees, outlet malls on every street. It was nice and I was starting to relax to the idea of coming here. We pulled up to the hotel which look like the busiest, The Lowes Hotel. I looked over at Annalise and we both smiled at each other excitedly. We got out of the SUV and the driver helped us with our bags. Soon after bellhop came and grabbed our luggage saying he will place them in our room once we checked in.

       "This is nice, right?" Anna smiled, I snickered.

    "Yeah, it is." I nodded truthfully.

  "Come on, let's go check in."

  We finally stopped gawking at the hotel and went inside to the front desk. I notice it was a lot of females in the lobby. I may be overreacting but I could say I saw one male out of every six females. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Annalise who was checking us in.

        "Room 365. Enjoy." They petite lady smiled handing us two keys. I returned the smile before walking over to the elevators. This entire place was nice. Dipped in gold nice. I know it had to cost fortune to stay here.

   "So what do you want to do first? Eat, pool or beach? Or bar?" She smirked, I rolled my eyes.

        "I'm not twenty-one yet."

   "Right. Maybe that will be an option after Saturday." July 13th was my birthday. Which was also in two days. We exit the elevator and looked at the wall which gave us our sense of direction on which way to go. We arrived at the door of our suite which was a good distance from the elevators. Annalise slid the key in to slide it right out. We heard a beep as the red light turned green letting us know it was unlocked.

  We walk in to a big suite. My mouth drop at the sight of it. "Happy birthday to me." I giggled. It was two king size beds with a small kitchen area, a balcony giving us a view of the beach, a comfortable size bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. It was gorgeous.

      "Wow this is amazing!" Annalise sang flopping herself on the bed closes to the balcony.

    "Yeah." I breathed still in shock.

   "So what are we doing first?"

  "Um, it doesn't matter to me." I shrugged.

        "Pool it is then." She rolled her eyes.

*    *    *

     The pool was very crowded, which wasn't my type of party, but I could under stand why. It was an huge pool with multiple hot tubs. They even had a DJ in the far back corner playing music, a volley ball net in the center of the pool, and beach balls floating around. Annalise and I claimed some chairs and put our things in it. Annalise began removing her swim suit cover revealing her Aztec print bikini. My cheeks heated up when she asked me to remove mine.

   I didn't want any attention on me for the bikini I had on. I preferred to keep my on but I could tell how annoyed Annalise was when she noticed I wouldn't take my off. I sighed in defeat. I absolutely hate when people stare at me, and as I was in the process of taking my cover off I felt all eyes on me. As I revealed my pink strapless bikini. Annalise praised once I was done causing me to roll my eyes.

        "Let's just get in."

   Not even a minute of Annalise jumping in, and me just sticking my feet in two dudes made their way over to us. I scoffed slightly because I had not interest in them. One was brown skin and had long locks of dreds that was in a bun. The other was dark skin with short hair and kind of chubby.

      "How y'all doing?" The short hair one spoke.

    "Hi." Annalise smiled friendly.

  "Where y'all from?"

          "Washington, D. C." Annalise replied. I purposely kept my head down focusing on my feet that was kicking in the water.

    "What about you, Ms. Shy?" The Dred head spoke, I mentally rolled my eyes knowing he was talking to me.

    "Oh she's my cousin. We live together." Annalise spoke up.

        "She can't talk—?"

    "Nope. Because we both are lesbian and being tested for STDs. Nice meeting you though." I lied putting on the best fake smile ever. They both scoffed but slowly swam away from us.

   "What you do that for?" Anna groaned.

       "Please, Anna. We can do way better than that." I assured.

   "Whatever," She waved me off.

    This time, a woman came and sat next to us. She was Latina, with dark hair. She was pretty to say the least. She smiled friendly at us and we mirrored her actions.

   "Hi, I'm Misty." She greeted.

  "Hey. I'm Annalise."

         "Natalia." She nodded and smiled.

  "Wow pretty names for pretty girls." She giggled. "If I may ask, do you lovely ladies have any plans this weekend."

     "Actually—"

   "No, we don't." Annalise cut me off, I cut my eyes at her and she just smiled at Misty.

       "Great! Text this number," she pulled out a folded paper from her bun. "Text the number 8 and 9 and they will text back with the information to an yacht party if you're interested." She smirked and placed it in my bikini top, I raised my eyebrow.

     "Definitely!" Anna squealed.

   "Great." Misty smiled. "Oh and nice boobs by the way." She winked before standing up and walking off.

       "What the hell?" I mumbled.

  "Yes! Our first night here and we already get invited to a yacht party. We have to go shopping!" Annalise exclaimed.

       "Um no we don't because we are not going."

   "What? Why not?"

  "Because we don't know her, she could be a psycho for all we know."

      "Okay, yes a one out of ten chances that she is. Also a huge possibility that it could be an incredible party! Come on, Natalia we have to go."

     "I don't think so."

  "Man come on Natalia. Stop being so uptight and stuck up and open your mind to something for once." I raised my eyebrow.

      "I am not being stuck up or uptight!"

  "You were the one who called me complaining how you don't get out much. Now we get a chance to do something fun and you don't want to." She retorted, she loves to pull that phone call card. But she was right.

        "Whatever, fine. We will text the number tonight."

      "Yes!"

*****
Kind of short but I'm trying to save certain things for other chapters lol.