5th Grade

A/N: (~) means short timeskip. Also this is unedited and took super long I'm sorry 

J a c k i e

It's been a long school year, I've been fighting with Tyler's school yet again. Starting at the beginning of the year they were pushing the separate Troye from him which I thought was a bad idea. This summer Laurelle and I are sending the boys to a sleep away speech camp to help with Tyler's stutter.

I'm really worried that he's too hard on himself, he's his own worst critic and I just feel like he isn't proud of how far he's come. I mean a few years ago he wouldn't have even looked at a new person and now he will respond with short answers to Ken and his son. Its very special to me. I'm glad he likes Ken, I like him too it feels right.

I've learned to appreciate the little things, Tyler looking opening up to and speaking with a stranger is something I have learned to appreciate, because most people take it for granted.

I'm really nervous for this sleep away camp next week. All I can think about are thing's going wrong. I mean he's 10 years old, he should be okay by himself. I hope he is, at least Troye is going.

He needed few last minute things, like new sneakers and some bug spray just in case. Oh and he needed a first aid kit and an extra blankets in case he gets cold. He also needed a lantern in case the cabin was too dark and extra underwear and anti bacterial wipes, and sun glasses so his eyes don't hurt in the sun.

Ya know...the basics. 

What? I am nervous, he'd never spent more than a few days away from me, and I was literally around the corner.

I scurried into the store and gathered the things I needed and Tyler came trailing down the isle with something in his hands."Mom c-can I get this f-f-for Troye?" he asked me bring me whatever 'this' was.

I took it from his hands and noticed that it was a little nail kit, it had the wedges to put between toes and 5 different color polishes. It also had a few stickers and nail stencils. It was cute but I looked at Tyler, why would Troye like these things?

He seemed to notice my confusion "He said o-once that he w-wa-wanted to paint his nails like our f-friend In-Ingrid...a-and...and I want to h-help him-m"

I nodded my head and placed the small package in my cart, I didn't think Laurelle would have a problem with it. She never cared about what Troye dressed in or wore, as long as he is happy. I would have to agree with her, letting society decide what you can and can't wear is stupid anyway.

Tyler smiled and trailed down the row again looking over some of the stuff on the shelves. I quickly passed some items that he wouldn't need, like the skateboards, helmets, and scooter. Wait...what if he needs a helmet. Who knows what they are doing out there. What if they do rock climbing, he'll need a helmet for that.

"Mom-m lets g-go" Tyler giggled looking at me as I decided whether he needed the helmet, I guess he doesn't.

"Okay" I smiled walking down the aisle as he swung our hands between us, he flashed me his cute little smile and pulled me a little faster.

—time ship one week—

T y l e r

I'm going to camp. It's gonna be lots of fun, it's kinda late right now and we are in the car. We, is me Troye, Mommy, and Ms. Laurelle... I am little scared. I've never been far away from Mom before. I wanna talk to someone to make me less nervous but Troye is asleep. I wish he would wake up.

Mommy said we are driving over night to this camp and that we are going work on my talking. I'm not very good at talking. My words get stuck.

Mom, Troye, and Mr. Lester say that it's not my fault that the words get stuck...but if it's not my fault, who's fault is it?