Vengeance

A/N: *TRIGGER WARNING - depictions of bodily harm*

I had slept in a dreamless, supine state for an unknown amount of time until I somehow found the strength to sit up.

As I half crawled, half dragged myself to the wall, I heard the telltale clinking of the chains that bound me.

"Really?" I muttered irritably. Even in my current state, I still was tethered to the floor in a room I couldn't escape from anyway.

I pushed myself against the wall and breathed heavily, as if the air around me was made of lead.

Was I no use to them? Since the obvious attempt to drain me of whatever small power I had been bestowed had failed, I shuddered to think I would forever be kept here.

It seemed that as soon as I began to fully function again, I heard footsteps and was met by the person I most expected and least wanted to see.

"Can no lady rest from her trials without interruption?" I scowled, glaring up at Falcon from my current spot on the floor.

"Trials?" he said, confused.

"Oh, I'm sorry, was being mercilessly harassed by you and subjected to physical and emotional abuse at the hands of your men not trial enough for your standards?" I hissed in a low voice.

Falcon considered this as if it required a great deal of thought. "Oh, that is hardly worth mentioning considering the other...difficulties...in the near future. At any rate, none of us had the slightest idea it wouldn't work. It likely would not have hurt you so much if we had been able to fully remove your affliction."

"'Affliction'?!" I exclaimed with incredulity. "Honestly, what a stunningly inaccurate statement. And I suppose you think I should be blaming the Valar for this entire thing to begin with."

"Well, yes, that is the most obvious response to your current predicament," he agreed, nodding slightly.

Even in my tired state I felt an immense and ravaging anger, partially amplified through the moonstone around my neck.

"Get out of my sight, coward," I snarled. "You have no idea what the Valar have done or will do, but I hope it is to rid the world of you and others who insist on harboring pure evil."

His gaze hardened. "Then there is no reason to put off your eternal captivity," he murmured accusingly, narrowing his eyes ever so slightly. "If you had agreed to stay loyal to me you could have lived here in great plenty."

I had a sudden image flash into my head of dancing women behind tables heavy with food.

"I care nothing for you and never have. You have been no better to me than the dirt that I walk on." I said abruptly, then adding: "Worse, actually, since the dirt I walk on doesn't try to assault me every five minutes."

"As you wish," he said with a failed attempt at cordiality. "Then nobody shall love you ever again, not until the world is remade and evil is restored so you may suffer in other ways."

And what of Legolas? Our parting words had been a kiss. At this thought, I slowly grew cold.

"Him least of all," Falcon gloated with haunting satisfaction, reading my thoughts, as usual. "He will never know your touch again."

Of course, I didn't really accept that fact until he continued.

"Is that evil enough for you and your precious Valar, Gianna, dearest?"

"You have no power to execute such an oath," I scoffed, though it felt as if a stone lay in my chest rather than a heart.

"I have grown strong in my powers, and they have not been idle," he said smoothly. "Now you will submit to me as you never have."