40

Ch 40

Rebel POV

I walked the aisles of the grocery store, picking out what I thought Liam needed. I've had one or two broken hearts in my time but nothing as bad as this. I grabbed three or four boxes of tissues, three tubs of ice cream; chocolate, vanilla, and cookie dough. I checked out and got back in the car. I drove slowly this time, making sure to obey the speed limit, almost as if repaying the signs for my frantic driving earlier. When I got back in the flat, Niall and Louis were there. I smiled to see that Liam was able to talk to them. The TV was off and they were talking. Louis and Niall giving Liam comfort, verbally and physically. "What kind? I asked no one in particular "just put the tubs out and get four spoons, please." Louis smiled after Liam stayed silent, deciding on what kind. I nodded and walked to the kitchen. Setting everything else on the counter and grabbing the ice cream and spoons. I grabbed a couple napkins because I know how messy they can be. I set the ice cream down in front of them and Lou and Ni wait for Liam to take the first bite of each one. They're such sweet guys. "I'm gonna go grab some blankets and pillows, you guys are staying here tonight, right?" I ask. They exchanged glances before nodding. "I'll help." Louis said and stood up, stretching out his back in the process. We padded down the hallway. "Where were you? I know that you weren't 'just getting ice cream', Rebel. It doesn't take that long." He whispered quietly. "I might have taken some anger out on Danielle." "What'd you do?" He said. "I slapped her and we exchanged some harsh words." I said, shrugging. He giggled a bit as we gathered a bunch of pillows and blankets from the pantry. We set them up after we moved the couches back so we could all sleep on the floor. We finished most of the ice cream and I put it back into the freezer, but when I got out to the living room, Liam and Niall were out cold, snuggling each other in a brotherly embrace. I was in between them and Louis and I took my place. "It been an eventful day..." I whispered. "Mhmm." He hummed in agreement. "She was a bitch anyway, I never liked her." I admitted and Louis smiled. "I don't like many people." I sigh. "You like me right?" He asked with a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "Nope." I say nonchalantly. He grabs my face and kissed my lips. "I beg to differ." He mumbles into the kiss. "We should stop, my brothers right there." I whisper to his lips. "Fine." He sighs and pulls away. He then snuggles me into the crook of his neck and I fall asleep, wondering why I deserve him.