Twenty Four- The Big Day.

Start from the beginning

"Hey Phil, what do I owe the pleasure?" I chirped down the phone.

"Hey Rhi, we're shortly approaching the end of the trip much to everyone's disappointment. We're going to need you to come down to the college today and audition. I heard about you catching pneumonia, are you well enough still do it?" He asked worriedly.

"Yeah that will be fine. What time do you want me there for?" I asked as I picked up my toothbrush.

"Well, I'm getting down there at four to meet Mrs George and the important guy who funds the scholarships and a few other people, the ones you really need to impress. So get down here for around five. Are you all prepared for the audition?" He said.

"Phil I was born ready. I've been excited for this since I got there. I'll see you at five." I chuckled.

Phil said goodbye and ended the call. I skipped into the front room to find Logan and Renee whispering and Harper on her phone.

"The devil called, he said he wants his workers back," I said as I rolled my eyes at them both, "I just got a call from Phil about my audition, it's today at five. Do you three want to come?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course!" The three of them yelled in unison.

"Wicked!" I breathed a sigh of relief, "Now, time to panic.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan, Renee, Harper and I all bundled into Logan's truck and set of on our journey.

"Are you nervous?" Logan asked, eyes still intact with the road.

"Not really, surprisingly. I've done enough singing in the past month to be use to it." I said as I looked out of the window.

"What are you singing?" Harper, who was silent up until now asked.

"I don't wanna jinx it. You'll be sitting in on audition anyway. Plus we all no know much Logan and Renee like secrets." I smirked, referring to Logan and I's conversation in the bathroom earlier.

My comment earned sighs and eye rolls from Logan and Renee, but a nod of approval from Harper. The car was silent for the majority of the journey to the college apart from the odd question.

I'd been singing and acting a lot since I came over here, the cobwebs dusted of my vocal chords.

My singing teacher coco had worked hard with me, training with me in my lessons, lunch times and after school for this very moment, so I felt confident.

We'd worked on a monologue, a normal song and musical theatre song as instructed and I was ready. I was still slightly nervous, of course I would be.. I'm only human. But I was excited more than anything, I loved performing.

Logan parked the car in his usual space in front of the huge building and we made our way inside.

"Fancy." Harper muttered.

We walked to the theatre, Harper ooooooing and ahhhhing along the way.

"I'm just going to the toilet. I'll meet you back here in two." Renee said and went to skip off.

"It's through them doors and to the left." I called after her.

She spun around and looked nervously at Logan, "Oh, yeah.. Thanks." And speed walked off.

Hmmm, odd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked into the theatre and was greeted by Mrs George, Phil, two men and a lady who was pretty sure I'd never seen before.