Doughnut Disaster VI

Start from the beginning

"Darn it, I thought it would have been an easily accessible mini carrot farm," Nick shrugged with a sardonic smile. "And meanwhile, I only have our cruiser as my lounge during break time. Is there room for one more in your agricultural office? Or just small enough for a rabbit to fit through?" he added, sarcasm in his tone.

Judy scratched her cheek as she pretentiously pondered about the subject. "Hm, you are right - It is just a meek little cramped up carrot farm housing only a single bunny." She turned to face him "I have considered sharing, but now that you mention it, maybe it is worth reconsidering the matter."

"It's just a joke, come on, don't take it too seriously!" Nick explained with a ragged, uncertain laugh. He paused as she continued her act. "You are not making me work alone in that stuffy and dull office cubicle now, would you?"

"But the carrot farm..." Judy contemplated innocently.

"You know you really like to milk things, don't you?" Nick growled softly with mild irritation in his voice.

"Yes, Flufftail, do not worry - I had sent that request to Chief Bogo yesterday," Judy assured him, not wanting to upset Nick. Solving a case with negativity in the mood would lead them nowhere. Approaching the second floor, the pair stepped off the escalator. "Now let me guide you to my current  - and soon to be your future workplace... you better keep it tidy when you shift there."

Nick smiled. "I can promise you that, as one who had practiced all codes of conduct in the Ranger Scouts manual." He halted, saluting as he assumed attention position.

"Not really that convincing from your casual dress code," Judy chuckled, making a right down a hallway lined with a series of office doors. Nick smirked at her and resumed walking.

"This is way better than Clawhauser's apartment," he whistled in awe as he strolled down the hallway covered by an intricately designed modern carpet. Instead of an eerie passageway which seemed to lead to certain death, it instead glowered with the essence of a fine, well conditioned hotel. The doors were similar to the ones which boxed the Chief's personal office, each individual one mounted with its own card slot holding a cue card with the tenant's name imprinted on it. Nick could see a few familiar names on some of the doors; He had seen the name tags of many police officers patrolling around town and he could even describe them accurately enough. Officer Rhinowitz, the Rhino who he had caught a glimpse of when he spectated Judy from afar. Then, she was in hot pursuit of Duke Weaselton, one of the con artists which he recognized - and would never forget. Officer Francine & Trunkaby, the elephants of ZPD; They were so large in crowds that missing sight of them was impossible. Alongside with the many others, but not all are given their own offices. And just a few doors away, they stopped in front of a door with the wordings "Judy Hopps" printed in bold on the cue card. He watched frivolously at Judy as she made use of the potted plant beside him to catapult herself upwards, using the momentum to efficiently spin herself  like an athletic gymnast around the door knob, opening it with style.

"You sure are agile, Hopscotch," Nick complimented her as he dusted his foot on the carpet. Judy puffed her chest outwards with pride, paws holding onto her hips as she looked towards the sky like a cliched superhero. Nick snickered at her flamboyant display. "Now now, Carrots. Going to save the day once more?"

"Actually, yes. I am indeed going to," Judy replied as she walked into her room in big strides. Nick sauntered lazily beside her, keeping up with her pace. He gave the door a gentle kick, closing it behind them. He bet that Clawhauser's apartment door would barely turn with the same force being applied, it having such rusty hinges. Probably about time the chubby cheetah should have oiled the door, he thought. Nick returned his gaze back front, noticing a rather oversized wooden work desk towering over Judy. It was decorated with delicate pattern carving, supported by four sturdy table legs, which were the equivalent of pillars compared to his rather small rabbit partner. Soft light emanated from the monitors which sat on the table top. Wires hung out from the electronics, bundled neatly together by a couple of black plastic strapping ties, plugged into the power sockets located on the wall adjacent from the table. He worked his way casually around the gigantic desk, observing as Judy hopped onto a huge office chair. She looked back at him, mentally signalling him to join her up the seat. "Come on, Nick. Get up here!"

"You know I cannot jump as high as you could," he complained, gesturing at the large chair in disbelief; It was colossal. "Was this room made for an elephant?"

Judy sighed thoughtfully. "Yeah,  about that. It would be a week from now till we get furniture of our sizes; For now, we have to bear with this."

Nick eyed at the chair - How in the world was he going to climb that thing? It's not that hard now is it? As easy as rock climbing, he figured optimistically. Gingerly, he lifted himself on top of one of the chair's legs. It was like climbing a high wall. Standing precariously on the curved surface of the chair leg, he tiptoed as he attempted to reach the edge of the seat with his paws stretched out to his limit. His digits barely scraped the edge. Grunting, he took a risk and jumped from the unstable platform. He caught hold of the seat but yelled desperately as the chair swivelled around from his momentum. Judy lost her balance from the sudden rotation and fell on her rear end. Funny enough, Nick started to recall the time when they swung from the vine to escape from Mister Manchas; It was a similar adrenaline inducing feeling. Putting that horrid memory away, he realized his paws were gradually slipping off the edge. "Pull me up, Carrots! I'm going to slip!"

Judy hastily scrambled to her knees, catching both of Nick's paws just in time. His weight was light enough for her to not plummet to the ground along with him. Mustering all of her strength, she pulled him up the chair. The pair leaned against the chair's backrest, panting heavily in exhaustion. Nick was clutching his chest once again, recollecting himself.

"This... is why... I do not... like to be on roller coasters," he exclaimed as he took in a deep breath. "I really dislike adrenaline flowing through my body."

"Well, sorry to inform you but we might have to do this for the remaining seven days," Judy muttered as she looked at him.

"The whole idea of the cruiser being a lounge seems very promising now," Nick panted, setting himself up properly on the seat. "At least for the next seven days, it will be," He added flatly.

"I can see why that is the case," Judy replied.

"Chief should really give us a pay raise for all this additional effort we are putting in," Nick said, locking eyes with her. "The things we "Not-so-large" animals do for "Too-darn-large" situations."