Chapter 32

Bella P.O.V

After Oscar checked me, both my abdomen as my heart rate, we set off walking toward the river that morning after. It surprised me that he knew what to do to check me and he explained that at Minnesota, the woman who checked me up with Martin, she insisted one teaching me a thing or two about healthcare just in case I needed it.

Edward held my hand as walked through the woods that day. It was a very hot day, she I pulled my hair up in a pony talk and rolled up the sleeves of my shirt. Edward kept asking me how I felt, if I needed to stop or if I was hungry or thirsty.

As we walked in silence, slightly ahead of the rest of the group, I felt Edward gently squeeze my hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I just need to tell you that I'm sorry," he said. "I couldn't protect you or our baby. If only I would have fought harder, you wouldn't have gone through that hell."

I stop walking. I can't believe he thinks that this is his fault. If we're going to blame this on anyone, it might as well be Jacob Black. He took all this time from us that we could have spent tougher, enjoying the happiness about having our baby and not separated and worrying of either of us are dead.

"Edward, you were beaten until you couldn't move," I said. "It doesn't matter because I know if you had the strength you would have gotten after me. The only thing that matters is that you're here now."

He sighed. "I'm sorry, Bella. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Through all this."

I shake my head. "Don't be. You're here with me and this is all going to be over." I take his head in my hands and kiss his soft lips. He smiles at me and takes my hand. "Just think that soon it will just be you and me, and in a few more months it will be a little someone with us."

We continued our walk until Martin called in for a break.

He offered me an apple along with a bottle of water. I drank it to the last drop without a break, earning some warning looks from both Edward and Martin. I feel like they're overreacting, it's not like I can drown my baby inside me with water. He's probably just as thirsty as I am. I eat the apple up to the last bit of it. I'm not fully satisfied, of course, I would really love some meat and some chocolate.

As everyone else ate, Jesse spoke.

"So, how did you and Bella first meet?" He asked.

I chuckled. "It's actually a really interesting story."

Those words just made his face light up. From what I learned from him during the time we've traveled together is that he loves story time. Everyone got comfortable to hear the story, even Martin though he seemed more curious than the rest of the group. He sat against a tree, holding his bottle of water in one hand and biting his apple with the other. He gave me a look that encouraged me to start with the story.

"I was a very young girl," I began. "Seven, probably and I really enjoyed nature. There was this very beautiful meadow in the woods, just beyond the fence from where I lived. I went there almost every day behind my parents back. It was my special little spot until one day, certain someone was there."

Edward chuckled, gently rubbing my hand. "Yeah, I was there. I knew that spot also, I went there with my father before he died. I did not know she went there and when I saw her, I was really surprised. She was beautiful. She worse this cute gown that she held up, trying not to get it dirty and she had her little pet with her." I pinch him. "Okay, it was her friend but also her Maiden's daughter. We met there and that's when we started to talk to each other."