Chapter 10

Bella P.O.V

My eyes widen at his statement. He's never letting go? The same mistake? Does he seriously think that leaving with no explanation was a mistake. Yes, it was. No, I won't let him back in. I suffered so much because of him. One part of me yells that I should push him away, walk away and forget that we ever met. Then, there's my weak side. The side that aches for his touch, for his words. The side that aches for his arms to hold me this same way forever.

I keep pushing him away. "Edward, please let go," I beg.

"Give me a reason why," he says holding me tighter. He's determent not to let go, I can see it in his eyes. Oh, God if Papa ever finds out about my past with him he'll go mad. Crazy mad.

Think, Bella. Think. "I have a fiancée." I regret it the moment the words leave my mouth. There could've been a better excuse, better than a fiancée but that seems to be good enough for him when his grips losses strength and he finally lets go.

"You're lying," he says.

"Am not!" I act offended taking a step back and placing a hand on my chest. "What makes you think that?"

"You're touching your hair, that's always a sign," he looks at the hand that's suppose to be placed on my chest is now touching my hair.

I take it away. "That means nothing. I have a fiancée so you owe me respect." I turn away crossing my arms. He better believe it because I don't have another lie, neither a better one.

"Mhm, so where is he?" He asked. I can sense the humor in his voice. Hell, I didn't expect that question. Why don't I think things through before I do them.

I look at him. "What?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "You have a fiancée, where is he? If I were him I wouldn't let you out of my sight not even for a second." His eyes lock with mine again and he smiles, "and certainly not out of our bedroom."

I gasp. "Rude! You have no right to say those things! And if he's not here it's because... Because..."

Edward raises an eyebrow. "Because what? Hm?"

"It's none of your concern," I snap. "Why do I have to give you! You! An explanation? You left without one and if I get married or not doesn't concern you. Where he is or where he isn't does not concern you." I wipe my sweaty hands on my dress.

Edward laughs looking at me amused. "Alright, just one more question: do you love him?"

I gasp, again. "What?"

He shrugged, again. "Do you love him?"

"Rude and disrespectful! Not even all that charm can hide all that... All that..." Oh, why do I even bother. "I'm certainly not dealing with this. Farewell, Mr. Edward, it was a pleasure seeing you again and hopefully we don't see each other ever again."

"You know you don't mean that," he smiled. "It's a simple question, Isabella, why are you so offended?"

I clear my throat. "He's my fiancée."

"I didn't ask you that, I asked you if you loved him," he says. "It's a simple question." He slowly walks up to my, taking me by the shoulders and adds, "You've always been a terrible liar."

I sigh. "I know."

His hand travels up myson ms to my cheek. "There's no fiancée and you certainly don't want to leave."

I shook my head. "No, Edward." I take a step away, letting his hand drop to his side. "Not because we see each again after ten years means that I'll jump back into your arms like nothing ever happened."