Chapter 2

A Few Days Later...

Bella P.O.V

"She looks better," I say, looking at Izzy. Her side is better and her wing is wrapped in a white band. She sings every morning, and it's a beautiful melody.

"Well, she's a strong Mockingbird," Madam Cope says.

"What's a Mockingbird?" I asked.

"That's what she is," she smiled. "Mockingbirds are a group of New World passerine birds from the Mimidae family. They are best known for the habit of some species mimicking the songs of other birds and the sounds of insects and amphibians, often loudly and in rapid succession. Well, there are a lot of birds that sing but she's a pretty special one. It's hard to find one around here."

I look at Izzy and smile. I found her and we've been friends ever since.

~~~~ That Afternoon ~~~~

I go to the backyard to find Alice cleaning the leaves. I run up to her and hug her from behind. People say that because I'm the Mayor's daughter I'm not suppose to be friends with the service but Momma and Papa say to ignore those ignorant people.

"Alice, let's go," I said, pulling her hand.

"Where are we going, my Lady?" She asked, confused.

"Paradise," I smiled.

"My lady..."

"It's an order," I say, standing straight and putting one finger up. "Please?"

Alice looks back at the Mansion and back at me. "We have to be back before sunset."

"Deal. Let's go!" I grab the bottom part of my dress and run off towards the town.

As usual as we ran people kept waving hi or shouting hi to us. We ran pass some of our friends from school who waved hi and left. Some dogs chased us but not trying to hurt us but because they wanted to be part of the race.

When we reached the fence, Alice stopped.

"Alice?" I asked.

"My Lady, mother told me you promised Lady Swan you wouldn't pass that fence again," she said.

"Who is going to tell them? You?" I asked, smiling. "Please, we're already here."

"Alright, but we leave before-"

"One hour, that's all I want," I say and jump through the fence.

I really have to hold my skirt up so it won't get dirty and Momma won't notice it. I smile when we reach the meadow, there's little clouds in the sky but the sun still shines the brightest.

A dark shadow moves on the other side on the meadow and hides behind a tree. I scrunched, slowly walking towards the tree.

"My... My... Lady, we... we should go," Alice mumbled. "There's... there's someone there..."

"I know," I said, not paying any attention to what she's saying. I walk closer, but slower so whoever it is won't think I'm dangerous.

"My lady," she whined.

"Sh!" I turn around to see her. "You'll scare whoever it is."

"Or what," she said. "Please, My lady, let's go."

"No." I look back at the figure. It's not a tall figure that's hiding, probably few inches taller than what I am. I walk closer, until we're meters away. I can hear the fast breathing. "Come out," I say, "I won't hurt you."