Chapter 11

Bella P.O.V

That night I couldn't sleep. After the dance I told my father I wasn't feeling well and we left. I left without saying goodbye to Edward or anybody. The entire ride home I sat there looking at the trees as the pass by us. I wanted to forget he was there, that we ever saw each other again. Maybe it was for the better, maybe Edward and I aren't ment to be together.

Nana brushed my hair softly as I looked down at my finger remembering that same night. She smiled at me through the mirror, I tried to smile back but it was hard. She said, "What troubles you, my Lady?"

I shook my head. "It's nothing, Nana."

She smirked and said, "Isabella, how long have I've been here?" She asked.

"Ever since I was a baby," I said.

"Yes, so I know when you're lying." She pulls my hand away from my hair and sits beside me. "What's wrong, my Lady?" She asked again.

I looked down at my fingers again. "It's... The whole marriage situation with Jacob," I lied. Well, it wasn't much of a lie, Jacob wants me to fall in love with him and in the process he's gonna plan the wedding. That's even more stressful.

Nana seemed to believe me when she runs her hand down my hair. "I know it's stressful, Isabella. You know, if you don't want to marry him you won't. You know your father, he'll never make you do nothing you don't want."

Nana was right, Papa would never force me a marriage, he promised Momma so long before she died. That was one of Momma's fears, marriage without love. She feared I would marry someone who wouldn't make me happy, she feared the same with Emmett. She made Papa promise never to arrange a marriage for us without our consent.

The next morning the first thing I did after I woke up was visit Alice, she was the only one who knew about Edward and the only one who would understand what I'm going through.

"Lady Isabella, how nice to see you," Jasper, Alice's husband, opened the door.

"Good morning, Jasper. Call me Bella. Is Alice home?" I say with a warm smile. Jasper was a really sweet man, really charming.

He nodded. "Come on, in. Make yourself at home, I'm on my way for work." He gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and said, "Honey, I'm leaving! Lady Isabella is here!"

I give him a look and he smiled back pinching my cheek. "Okay, Love." Alice comes out of the kitchen wiping her hands dry on a old white towel. "Have a good day, baby." She walked up to him kissing him goodbye. I take a step back, looking around awkwardly trying to give them some privacy. I was happy for Alice, she had finally found her prince charming while I'm still on the search for mine.

"You too, baby. I'll see you before sunset. Have a good day, Bella!" He waved me goodbye.

"You too, Jasper," I waved back.

Alice shut the door and looked at me with a smile. "Now, what happened at that party? I want to know everything."

We sat in her living room next to each other and our knees touching. I signed. "He was there," I said.

Alice shook her head. "Of course he was, Bella. That's one of the reasons he came here." Oh, yeah, she think I'm talking about Jacob.

"No, Alice." I take a deep breath and say, "I'm not talking about Jacob Black. Of course I knew he was there. I'm talking about..." I couldn't even say his name.

"Who?" She insisted.

"Edward."

Her eyes pop out of their orbits and her jaw drops to the ground. It takes her a minute to fully recover. "Wait, like a waiter or... Was he a guest at the party?"