Chapter 20

Bella P.O.V

The memory of this morning comes back and the fact the Jacob Black tried to be slick. It was three rounds. He promised three rounds. He cheated. He thought I would've forgotten. The hour, he had me thinking about the hour so I would forget the rounds. He knew he would beat me in the first one. He knew it. He cheated.

I run out of the room after Jacob Black. I call out his name over and over until I reach him at the steps of the mansion. All the townspeople watching us expecting something to happen.

"Yes, my Lady?" He asks with a smirk. The arrogant bastard.

"Three rounds," I say. "You said three rounds. We fought one, that means that I still have two more left."

He laughs. "You wish to fight again, my Lady?"

"I will if I have to, we came to an agreement-"

"The agreement was that whoever wins, gets their price."

"You cheated!" I cry out. "Two more rounds and I want them now! You haven't won yet, I want another round."

He growls, dropping his gloves. "You want a round, my lady?" He pulls out his sword. I can hear the townspeople that are at the gates gasp from here. "Let's have have another round but if you lose this one, it will be it."

I take my sword out.

"Isabella, no!" Alice yells from behind me.

I attack Jacob, as fast and as strong as I can, pushing him back toward the gate. People from the gate gasp and yelp as we fight. It harder as he hits me back with all his strength, causing my wrist to ache but it does not stop me.

I duck down when his sword wings too high. I duck deep down that my head almost hits the ground but I push myself right up, fast. The movements makes my vision blur and my head spin. I shake my head, trying to recover my vision. My family's shouts sound as if they were far away and the people's protest are lower and lower.

Jacob strikes my sword from my hand and I snap back to reality. Before I have the chance to grab it, his sword pinches the center of my chest once again, beating me once more.

I gasp as puts away his sword and grabs me by my arm and drags me up toward him.

The people from the gate protest, call him cheater and that he never gave me chance to recover. They're angry and say that the wedding cannot he held.

He ignores them, though. I know he would. He smiles, tracing his finger down my cheek. "You'll learn to love me, Isabella," he says. "It will be soon and we'll live happily every after."

I clench my teeth together, taking in deep breaths through my nose and exhaling through my mouth. I state at him straight into his eyes with hate, I want him to know I hate him.

"Days, months, years, a lifetime, no matter how much time we have, I will never love you," I hiss through my teeth. "Every morning, I'll hate you. Every time I look at you, all you'll see is my hate. No love. Every kiss, every touch, every word will be filled with hate. I'll never love you, you'll never have my heart because all you'll ever gain from me will be hate. It doesn't matter if we both live for a thousand years, it will never change."

His expression grows harder and his grip on my arm does the same. This is the time to break him.

"You're late. I love another man and he has claimed me." The last words I say slowly so he can capture what I mean to say. "I belong to him, not you. It'll never be you."

"What man?" He growls, yanking my arm.

"A man worth thousand more times than you," I reply. "A man I've already given myself too, that's something you'll never have."