Chapter 25

Bella P.O.V

I shrug off the tickling feeling running up my back. It's hard to ignore as it keeps up creeping up my neck to the side of my jawline. I open my eyes when it comes up to my cheek on right in the corner of my eye I see the spider web and the small creature creeping on my face.

I let out a loud scream, jumping to my feet. I slap my own face, my neck, my back, my hair and dress, trying to get rid of the spider and even if there's more on me. A laugh makes me stop and look at Martin who looks clean like if he just took a shower. Where?

"Now I know what you meant when you said you wouldn't make it," he laughed. "I bet the spider is more scared of you than you of him."

I swallow. "I'm terrified of them," I reply. "We all have a weakness, even if it's smaller than you own thumb, it still haunts you."

He laughs, taking both bags from under the dune. "Right, whatever." He sits down and looks at me. "By the way, there's one in your hair."

I jump, slapping my hair but he laughs. That's when I realize there's nothing but webs on my hair. I sigh, sitting on the ground, pulling my legs to my chest. I miss my home, I never thought I'll have to say those words one day because I never thought this would happen.

I look at Martin who pulls out some apples from my bag and water. He hands me the apple but I hesitate on taking it.

He rolls his eyes. "take the apple," he says. "You need to eat if you want to be strong enough for you baby to get past the first trimester." I take the apple and take a big bite from it. My stomach appreciates the sweet, juicy taste from the apple. God, I was so hungry. He hands me the bottle of water and I almost finish it if it wasn't for him taking it from me. "We don't have enough food," he said.

Martin takes out five apples, three bananas, two oranges, grapes and two big bottles of water. He sighs. "If we don't eat them, they'll rotten but if we eat them fast, we won't have enough." He bites his thumb, looking down at the food Ramona packed for me... Or us, I guess. "Okay, this is what we're going to do," he tells me. "We share an apple in the morning, okay?" I nod. "Half and half, both of us. Before sleep, we share a banana. We share the water, just small drink, no more than four in a day. It has to last. Now, I know you're pregnant so I'll let you take more if you really need it, understood?"

"Yes, sir."

He chuckles. "Don't call me a sir." He grabs my apple and somehow managed to break it in half. He gives me my bitten half and eats his in one bite. "Finish yours, we can't stay here."

I finish mine, savoring the juiciness that I won't be able to enjoy again until tomorrow. Once I'm done, I jump my my feet, wincing at the little pain it get on my feet. He stands up and looks at me up and down. I look down at my long, black nightgown I used for bed.

"What are you wearing?" He asked.

"A nightgown."

He shakes his head. "You won't be able to move much tripping over that." He grabs his dagger, cutting off the ends of the gown up to my knees. When he looks at my footwear, he looks at me again. The white is stained with my blood. "Sit down." I do. He looks at my injured feet and shakes his head. "It's like taking care of a child."

"I am not a child!" I protest.

"Look at you, you sure are not ready for this journey."

"I can take it."

"Says who, you? You're just a pregnant girl."

I cross my arms over my chest and stare at him. "Just because I'm a lady doesn't mean I don't have the capability of doing the same as you. I was able to escape those men in a horse."