5.2

Nadia

    "Okay," Kaylan starts, leaning across the table, "so Matt and Cam have apparently been best friends since grade school and Shannon sort of entered their pack in middle school then she started dating Matt in high school which is when they created a pact to go to the same college." 

I nod my head, silently telling her to go on. 

"And so I guess Shannon and Matt got into a fight about how she wants to transfer to Berkeley - which is all the way in California, since they emailed her yesterday and said that it's not too late for her to enroll because one of their incoming freshmen dropped out last minute." 

My eyes widen at this new found information. Berkeley has a fourteen percent acceptance rate. Shannon must be crazy smart, I don't blame her for wanting to go there instead of Binghamton.

"Is she going to do it?" I ask. 

Kaylan shrugs, allowing herself to fall back into her seat now that she's finished telling her story. "All I know is that she has to let them know by tonight. I hope she goes, she shouldn't let a boyfriend who's potentially going to be an ex-boyfriend hold her back."

"How did you find all of this out?" Gilinsky pipes up. 

I turn to him, momentarily forgetting that he was even here with us. It was supposed to be a kind of get-to-know-my-roommate thing, but of course Gilinsky had to tag along - not that I'm complaining, I thoroughly enjoy his company. 

"Cam told me," she admits, cheeks reddening. 

Gilinsky wrinkles his nose and I roll my eyes, knowing exactly what he's about to say next. "Who's this Cam guy anyway? I've only met Matt the Douche. 

"He's nice," Kaylan promises. "You have nothing to worry about." 

"I'll take your word for it, but only because you're being nice to Nadia and she should have a good friend on her side. God knows she needs one." 

That one earns a giggle from Kaylan, while earning a groan from me. 

"You're so annoying," I say, shoving my boyfriend as far away from me as I can. Can he get any more embarrassing? He's making it seem like I don't have friends. I mean, not that I do, but does he really have to let Kaylan know that?

"That's not what you were saying this morning," he boasts, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"Oh please," I dismiss, laying my arms across my chest. 

"You can deny it all you want, but you know you love me." 

"Are you ready to go, Kaylan?" I change the subject, standing from my seat in the dining hall.

"Yeah, sure," she replies, following my lead. Gilinsky stays seated, a pout on his face, but I don't bother paying any attention to him as I pick up our trash and throw it in the garbage closest to where we were sitting. 

"We're going to walk around campus for a bit then head back to the suite," I say when he finally gets up. His whole demeanor has changed and I can't help but feel a little bad.

"Alright."

"Are you gonna join us?"

"I might just head back to the hotel. I've got some stuff I still have to fill out for PITT administration."

Now it's my turn to pout. "Are you sure? You're more than welcome to come." 

He shakes his head, wrapping his arms around my waist. "More than sure. Thanks for the offer though." Bending down to reach my lips, he gives me a long kiss before we part ways.