1.2

August 21, 2016

Nadia Johnson

    "Jack," I warn, folding my arms across my chest. "Go before you miss your flight back to Omaha, Mom is waiting for you outside." 

The two of them have been here for the past hour and a half getting me situated, and as harsh as this sounds and as thankful as I am for all of their love and support, I really just want them gone. 

I don't even feel bad though because Mom felt the same way, except I think for a different reason. She wanted to get out of here before she started crying in front of me, while I wanted them out of here so I could finally breathe my first breath of independence. 

"Jack," I repeat, practically begging him to let me be. 

My brother rolls his eyes in response while asking, "how come your boyfriend gets to stay?"

"Because I don't have class tomorrow," Gilinsky answers, grinning like an idiot. 

Even though I'm slightly annoyed, I can't help but be amused. The two of them have gotten closer in these past few months  and I'm glad, they needed each other to lean on. 

"Screw you and the University of Pittsburgh," Jack mutters, sulking out of my dorm room. 

"See you when I see you!" I call out to him, flopping down on my newly made bed. It's more comfortable than I anticipated it to be. 

"Where's your roommate?" Gilinsky questions, falling beside me. 

"I have no idea," I say, checking the time. I thought I was going to be the late one, but Residence halls opened for new students at eight in the morning, and right now it's eleven-thirty. 

Half of my suite has moved in already, a few of them popped their heads in to say hello, but the other half - including my roommate, have yet to show.

"Well I'm not going back to the hotel until she gets here," he tells me, pursing his lips. 

"Clingy much?" I joke, raising my eyebrows at him. 

"More like protective," Gilinsky corrects. "Hell if you think I'm leaving you here alone when there's two guys living right across the hall."

I groan loudly, rolling onto my stomach and shoving my face into my pillow. "Coed suites are not that big of a deal," I say, my voice muffled. "It's not like we're sharing a room."

"Still," Gilinsky objects. "I'm not too big of a fan." 

I scoff. "Obviously." 

"Don't be so ungrateful." 

Turning onto my back I let out a sigh. "Fine. I totally love that my boyfriend is extremely jealous that I'll be surrounded by guys who aren't him for the remaining of the school year." 

"I'm not jealous," he argues. "I'm only worried."

"There's nothing to be worried about," I promise, cuddling up to him. "I love you." 

His chin digs into the top of my head as he smiles. "Good." 

"What, I don't get an 'I love you back'?" 

"Clingy much?" Gilinsky mocks. 

"Shut up," I laugh, kissing him on the cheek. 

"Make me," he taunts, kissing me in return. 

I let my lips stay pressed against his for a few moments before pulling away and jumping up off the bed.  "Not right now you horndog."

"Awww, c'mon," he pouts. "I'm leaving soon." 

lost and found | gilinskyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें