44-The Third Wizarding War

Start from the beginning

Jason nodded, "Yeah, and once everyone's done with their lunch, or whenever the enemy attack, everybody will run screaming in an orderly fashion to their posts."

Thalia frowned like You're so stupid bro. "How do you scream and run in an orderly fashion?"

"They'll be fiiiiiine," Leo reassured them, dragging out the word so it sounded like they wouldn't be fine.

"And how do we plan to get rid of the goddess of night?" Kinzie demanded. "None of you have given me a straight answer."

"Well," Leo said, "we do some stuff. Then some more stuff. Then we win."

Before Kinzie could strangle him, Piper quickly passed her some mashed potatoes, "Just have some potatoes."

Instead she had a dagger in her face.

Which she caught, of course.

The Great Hall exploded into chaos.

Immediately the demigods split up.

Kinzie, Nico, Jason, and Piper flew (and Jason literally did), out the door and out of the castle. They were going to fight on the outside.

Thalia stayed in the Great Hall. She shot an arrow into the air without looking, which embedded itself into a dracanae's forehead. The snake woman let go of the ceiling and plummeted onto the Slytherin table before turning to dust.

The twelve Slytherins on the table scattered while the rest of the demigods burst through the doors to their own places. Dumbledore helped Thalia with the ceiling, which was crawling with monsters shrouded in shadow.

Thalia left Dumbledore and the other students to deal with the creatures in the Great Hall and dashed to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom to make sure nothing got past Leo's traps and into the rest of Hogwarts.

Percy and Annabeth bolted to the moving staircases, where they could easily spot any student in need of assistance.

Along the way, they passed Bill Weasley battling two Cyclops, and Fleur Delacour fighting an empousa.

To their surprise, there were many students from the other two wizarding schools in Britain who came to battle.

Anyway, barely two seconds after Percabeth arrived, Dean Thomas got shoved off the fourth floor by an enemy Athena boy.

Annabeth shot a levitating charm at Dean, and he came to a stop inches from the ground before she released the spell.

"DUDE!" Seamus Finnigan yelled down.

"I'M FINE DUDE!" Dean shouted back, giving him two thumbs up.

Percy, Riptide already uncapped, slashed and vaporized three telkhines. Then he spun and stabbed a Hellhound, which melted into shadows.

Amidst the fighting, he shouted, "Wise Girl! I know I've asked this exactly seven times, but where in Hades is Hemera supposed to be?"

"My guess is the Chamber of Secrets, but nobody can get near the vortex without fainting or dying. If there's anything behind it, there's no way we can get to it. We'll figure something out later!"

"It's already pretty late," Percy observed, sidestepping a Cyclops's club and slicing the monster in half.

"Percy," Annabeth said, "I don't know how we're going to free Hemera, okay? I don't know."

***

Thalia stopped in front of the girls' bathroom (or what it was) to stare in disbelief.