III

A/N: Does the new cover looks good? Or naaah?

"Someone wants to see you, Your higness." Someone said from the outside of my room.

A week had passed and I am still stuck in here without knowing the reasons why. I'm breathing yet I feel like I am dead. Every day in my stay here, I did nothing but to lied down in the bed, watch the ceiling, as if breathing and living is my only last choice. And in one week, they keep on calling me your highness, and it's driving me insane!

I sigh, "Let him in." In my one week here, I still don't know his name. He tried talking to me but I'll just listen with no response at all. Guess he got tired from all my drama. I was doing it on purpose, maybe he'll realize that I don't want to be in here and I want to go home.

I heard the door's clicking and a foot steps. I did not dare to glance at it. I know it's just him.

"Heechul said you're not eating and you locked yourself in here." A male voice said.

Why does he sounded like my dad?

"Serene, talk to me." He added.

I gaze at him in wide shock. Dad? I thought he's dead. Why? "Dad?"

He smiled then sit at the edge of my bed, "I know you are wondering why you're here, and why I am here. And you thought I'm dead. Isn't it?"

I nod, "Where's mom?"

"That's what we're going to talk about." Dad said. "You're mom is really dead at the car accident, Serene. You thought I'm dead, but how can a vampire be dead? A vampire is immortal. I am immortal, Serene. And you are too."

"What? How - "

"Let me talk first, Serene." Dad said with authority in his voice. "Your mom and I met in the human world. We are not suppose to get married and have kids since I am not a human like your mom, but your mom said she doesn't care, so we got married and have the both of you. There wasn't any problems at all, not until the vampires knew about us and planned to kill us. It wasnt the car accident that killed her, it's the vampires from Iridia who killed her." His jaw locked and clenched his fist, "They threatened me that they will kill all the people here in Acadia, including you and Sierra. That's why I planned to put up a fake body, and go back here to save my people. And now they are planning something bad to you and Sierra."

"Then where is Sierra?" I asked. After hearing the story from dad, my feelings softened. I know Dad did all of this for a reason. "And where is Iridia? Do you call this place Acadia? And what's your people? Does that mean that you are the King here, Dad?"

"Sierra is safe. Yesung is with her. And Iridia is the place where the rejected vampires are. Rejected vampires are the ones that didn't passed the quest. And acadia is the for the vampires who passed the quest. You don't have to be afraid of the people here, Serene. They are all good."

"What does that quest mean that?" Why is it so complicated to process?

"A quest is done during every 6 months of the year, and it is to test your ability and skills. People here in Acadia are known to be the smartest and skilled, and only the people here are allowed to rule the entire immortal world. And that is the reason why the people from iridia are furios because they wanted to govern the immortal world too, but they just can't. And those who are not yet taking the quest are staying in the safe place called Morgan." Dad continued to explain.

"Does that mean I am a vampire, Dad?" I gulped. If Sierra will know this, she will over react for sure.

"Yes."

So that is why I don't easily get tired, and I hate the sun for some reasons. But If I am a vampire, then why didn't I die when I went out and exposed to the sun?

"You are not a fully grown vampire yet that's why the sun did not affect you. You're still 17, we still have to wait until you become 18 and drink a blood from a vampire." He said.

Drink a blood from a vampire? "Why should I need to drink a blood from a vampire?" That is just gross, I wanted to say.

"The blood will be coming from a man you will marry. That's why Heechul is there." I saw Dad smile when he mentioned the name Heechul.

"Who is Heechul?"

Then the door opened wide, revealing a gorgeous man wearing white sleeves, leaving a two buttons open, and a messy hair.

"Hi, Future wife!" He smirked.