Soul robbery

After stepping out of Angel's car I wander into the bushes.

I pause for a moment as I have slight internal conflict with his name.

Should I say Nick, or Angel? I'm sure there's a reason why he changed his name. It's probably to his preference that I don't refer to him as Nick.

I crawl on my knees and elbows to get through the dirt and leaves. Once I make it into the back yard, I check the Windows then maneuver to the walls of the house.I crawl around the building until I make it to the back sliding glass door. I rest on a concrete platform with my back against the wall then glance over my shoulder and into the expensive looking home.

I immediately notice their leather furniture and extremely expensive looking six layered glass chandelier by the front door.

Who ever this guy is, he definitely has expensive taste.

Where does he get the money for this?
I'll probably find out when I get upstairs.

I wait, expecting to hear gunshots or some sort to signal for me to go inside.
After a long period of waiting, I get suspicious.

I stand up and head back to the front of the house, what is he doing over there?

When I peek through the bushes, I see his empty car.

He is no where in sight.

I hear a tapping from the second story window.

I look above me to see Angel in the window, waving down at me as I crawl on the floor.

...What is he doing...?!

He motions for me to return to the back door.

I follow instructions and decide to try opening the door this time when I don't see him around.

The door is unlocked.

Something isn't right about this whole set up. The vague plan, his complete calm over the situation, the fact that he is already upstairs with no conflict to intervene.

It suddenly clicks in my mind.

This is his house, isn't it?

I take another look around the room and spot a photograph of Nick and his sister on the wall.

I see another one of me and him on a shelf.

Why does he still have that?

I find myself walking into the house, and stepping around the living room. my fingers graze the leather couch and then the marble kitchen island counter.

Why am I really here?

I hear someone clear their throat from the top of a glass stair case.

When I turn, I see Nick standing there, dressed in a silk grey shirt and black dress pants.
Jeez... no wonder I couldn't recognize him, he used to be a lot less athletic looking.

He no longer looks anything like the dirty Greaser boy that had stalked me to my house. He is even holding a delicate wine glass that is filled with crimson red liquid.

"Who are you, and why am I really here?" I find myself saying.

"Wow, not even this broke that stern face of yours?" He says acting surprised. He steps down the stairs, his ego struts down beside him. I hear his bare feet hit the polished wood floors as he steps off of the glass staircase to approach me.

He purposely changed clothes and cleaned up. Me crawling around the yard was a diversion?

"Lucy, why don't we try again? You're parents aren't here anymore. We can go back to being us." He hands me the wine glass, holding his hand over mine then guides the glass to my lips. I pretend to take a sip and hope he doesn't notice. He takes a sip after, I suppose that means it wasn't poisoned.