Chapter 30

Finn POV

I wake up to see Rey meditating on the balcony. I don't want to to disturb her so I quietly sneak out and into the the kitchen. I make myself breakfast which isn't that good to be honest. Stormtrooper training didn't involve cooking.

I'm still surprised by how Rey gobbles my cooking down. She was a scavenger though, which is hard to believe since now she's a Jedi. I couldn't be more proud of her. Even if she wasn't a Jedi I would still love her.

Even if she was homeless or bounty hunter, I would still love her. "I'm glad you think that", Rey says walking in the room. "Do you always read my mind", I say to her with mock irritation.

"Well, I've gotten so used to reading minds that's it's like I can't turn it off. It's like a little hum in the back of my mind and you were projecting your thoughts out", she explains and takes a seat right next to me.

"Stupid Jedi perks", I mutter but give Rey a small smile. She then grabs my breakfast and chows it down. "How can you like my cooking?", I say exasperated. "It's better than than portions", she explains while licking her fingers.

She never quite learned how to use a utensils yet. "I need to inspect the production today, I'll see you later", I say then give her a peck on the lips. "You better", she says with pitch black eyes. A chill runs down my spine.

I hurry out of of the room. If I stayed in there for a little while longer I would come out much later than I would like. I rush to the command room. Outside the door I straighten my uniform then I walk in.

The same lieutenant was there. "Greetings Lieutenant, what have we got to today?", I say in a perky fashion. "The quarters will be done to today and hopefully one new hangar will be finished", he says not looking up from his plans.

"How long will it take for the whole base to be finished?", I ask him. He looks up,"about 3 days maximum, sir", he says then gets back to his work. "There is something else", I say to him. He looks up again.

"What is it sir?", he asks. "Are the people working on the quarters part of the Resistance?", I ask. "Yes of course, sir. They were soldiers before the production", he answers. "They have no respect for their superiors", I say walking up to him.

"Have someone teach them, or I'll deal with all of them. Trust me when I tell you this, some of them would be in the med bay", I say in a firm voice. "Yes sir, I'll get right on that", he stutters out. I give him a short nod.

"I believe in discipline and respect, lieutenant", I say to him. "I agree sir", he says with a salute. "Thank you", I say to him and walk out of the room. I was hard on him but people need to be in check.

I kind of felt like Hux. I should feel horrified about my actions but I'm not. I want this galaxy to be safe, and we need good soldiers for that. At least they get a choice in the matter instead of being taken from birth.

I make my way to the hangar Jase supervises. I see him looking over the soldiers. "Good morning", I greet making my way to him. "Morning, Finn!", he says excited. "Are we making good progress?", I ask him.

"Yes, even better than I thought it would be", he says with a smile. "Good", I say content with the progress. "Anyway, good to see you but I need to watch the soldiers focusing on the quarters get whipped into shape", I say grimly.

He nods in understanding and salutes me. I salute him back and make my way to the quarters production. I see a new person there lining up the soldiers and builders. I even saw that supervisor from yesterday in line.

Then the guy, who probably is the guy fulfilling my request, walks in front of all of them. I walk up beside him. "You guys joined the resistance to bring peace to the Galaxy", I start.