Chapter Twenty-two - The Cold Shoulder Returns

Começar do início

        Luciano kissed your head once more before seating the pen and paper down and leaving the room. You sprung out the bed, moving your pillow to grab the slightly over sized t-shirt. You pulled the pajama short's matching tank top up and over your head, slipping the shirt on to cloth your torso. Your feet carried you to the bathroom so you could quickly use it to brush your teeth and use the toilet. You ran to the walk-in closet, having almost forgotten that you should probably throw on a bra before leaving the bedroom. Discarding your brush, not even bothering to brush through your hair since it looked fine. You grabbed the note off of your nightstand and read it as you shuffled on a pair of slippers. All it said was that he had a very important meeting to go to, and that he was sorry for not waking you up before he left.

        The note was crumpled in your hand and thrown into a small trash can as you reached the doors opened one of them. Your eyes caught sight of Luciano's retreating form at the end of the left side of the hallway. You waited for him to turn the corner before following him all the way to the throne room. He had shut the doors on you, which wasn't really a problem. You cracked the one door open ever so slightly so you could see what was happening and hear them much more clearly. You took note of Matt and Gilen's presence in the room with Luciano. The three of them congregated in the center of the room, all standing an equal distance from one another.

        "What's so urgent that I had to get up this early?" Luciano asked in almost a panicked tone, his face seeming a little paler than usual.

        "King (y/f/n) has declined the wedding invitation," Matt said, revealing the bad news rather bluntly.

        "What do you mean he declined?" Luciano growled through gritted teeth, his worry replaced with rage.

        "He declined. He's not coming. He made that very clear when I tried to convince him that the letter was genuine and that you meant every word."

        "Well great. That's just fucking great! He will come to my damn wedding, even if that means I have to drag him to this God forsaken castle myself! I will not let his stubbornness interfere with my plans!"

        "Luciano, you need to take deep breaths, not that it's going to help you at all, but you need to calm down," Gilen stated.

        "How can I be calm when (y/f/n) is ruining my plans already?!"

        "It could always be worse."

        "Tch... I suppose you are right. It could be worse. What is the status on the Castels Matthieu?"

        "They seemed a bit wary when I showed up out of the blue, carrying a letter with your seal of all things. They hadn't seem me in years, so it was expected. I gave them the letter, and they read it. They said that they would attend after I gave them a little convincing. They still seemed skeptical about why they were getting a personal letter from you. I left them before they could question me further."

         "Molto bene. Now the only problem is that bastardo."

         "I could try to convince them if you'd like," Gilen offered.

         "You do have a way with words," Luciano said as he thought it over. "Would you mind doing that?"

         "No, not at all, but I don't want to go alone."

        "Matthieu, you will go with him."

        "Alright."

        "Leave as soon as you can. There is no doubt that they will be going to bed soon. Try to catch them before that."