Lilla Shane

"Hah! A Shane? Really?" The man at the desk laughed, "hey guys! This kid thinks she's a Shane!!" Everyone around burst out laughing, some even rolling on the ground in tears. He turned back to me. "Sorry kid, but the Shane's position is already taken! You can take a try though, see if you really are that crime-fighting infurnus-wielder!" His laughter died down as I gave him a cold stare.
"You're not serious are ya?"
I now gave him one of my famous dagger stares.
"Ok, you can try!"
I could still hear his maniacal giggling even after I had left. Tizzer and Flamer sat in my containers, looking expectantly up at me, squeaking in excitement.
"Ok, calm down guys, you'll get your turn soon." I whisper to my slugs, trying to calm them down. "But let's get us some floppers first." As I was saying this, I bump into someone, our heads colliding.
"Whoops, so sorry, by the way, my name's Hannah."
"I'm Lillia and sorry for smashing into you."
"It's fine," she says, "I'm used to it."
I smile, she seemed really nice. She had light brown hair that was more to the orangey side. Her eyes were a hazel colour that matched the grey hair band she wore to keep her neat curls in place that were tied up in a high ponytail  with a green elastic band. Her build was slim and she was about my height but she also looked like she could handle a blow of a strong flopper.  She wore a skin-tight light-green top with grey pants and purple and fingerless gloves, much like mine. Hannah looked around the same age as me, 15-16 maybe?
"Well, Hannah, do you, by any chance, have some unwanted floppers that I could use?"
"Wait. Did I hear you right? You want floppers,"
I nod. Did I say the right thing?
"Wait. Here."
She raced off and after a few moments later, she returns with a full cage of floppers, I even spotted a phosphoro among them.
"Take your pick."
I gasp.
"Thanks." I smile.
"why do want them anyway?"
"I'm a newbie. Really, the only slug that I've ever slung I'd this little guy." I point to Flamer, still perched on my shoulder
Her eyes went wide in shock.
"Two things. One: what sot of slug is that?? I've never in my life, hands down, ever seen that type of slug before,"
"It's one of kind," I answer, "in fact, it's the only one of its kind" I whisper to myself.
"Two, you've never technically slung a slug before???????!!!!!!" She shouts.
"Ummm... Yes?" It was supposed to sound like an answer, but it came out as more of a question.
"This is going to be interesting."
She grabs my arm and starts dragging me over to a clear spot and takes out her blaster.
"Stay."
I stood where I was. Remind me why I'm doing what she says like a puppydog again?
She takes a few steps back.
"Get ready."
I fumble for my bow and arrows, finally finding my place and lodging the arrow in with one of the floppers I've chosen. I'll name it... Pip.
"Sparr." she says and then, before I can react, she's already fired an Arachnet at me.
It wraps me up, tight, so that can't I move my legs. Immediately, I fall over like the klutz I am.
A shadow falls over my face, holding out a hand.
"Need help?"
I gladly take it as I pull off the remaining web.
"So, what have you learnt?" she asks, as soon as I get up.
"That an Arachnet is a good slug?" I suggest, having no clue, she takes steps back, the distance between us about five meters.
"No," Hannah says as she fires another slug, a Bubbaloene this time, which swallows me, then spits me out, leaving me dazed.
"Keep guessing."
I groan and stand up again.
"Speed?"
"Not quite." she fires yet another slug, a phosphoro this time. It leaves me woozy and blind from the harsh light it emitted.
I finally get it.
"It's the element of surprise and quick reflexes, isn't it?"
She nods, and I take the chance. I pull the locked in arrow tight and release it. It holds pip and when I let loose, I could tell she was expecting it. She fires a ramstone, which easily defeats the flopper. But just as she was firing the Ramstone, I had already locked sparkler in, the phosphoro I chose. Just as the Ramstone collides with pip, I fire sparkler. She crashes right into Hannah, sending sparks everywhere. Even though Hannah recovers quite quickly, I still had the upper hand as I refire (I know that it isn't a word, but whatevs) pip. Unfortunately, the flopper has practically no effect on her as it only knocked her back a tiny bit, then landing at her feet. She fires a  Jellyish that spits goo all over be, sticking me to the spot as I struggle to lock my next arrow in, holding Sparkler again. But this time, Hannah quickly doges it as I fire Tizzer. I know I'm being mean to fire a Tazerling at her but almost thankfully she doges the attack as well.
"Time to review. What's another tip?"
She fires a Vinedrill into the earth, and it springs up as a gigantic plant beside me. The plant suddenly shoots out a vine and it wraps around my ankle and pulls hard. I find myself looking at the world upside down. Hannah walks up to my face.
"Apparently plants are more vicious than I thought?" The plant releases me, and I fall to the ground, landing flat on my face.
"No."
"I need to doge your attacks." I get up and brush some dirt off my shirt.
"Yes. Don't just stand there and  take all the hits, move!"
"Kay, got it."
"Though I'm actually quite impressed. I've got the upper-hand here, being the one with the blaster and all, you only have bows and arrows!"
"Yeah, like as good as a flopper." I mutter under my breath. She hears.
"What do you mean? You do archery like a professional!"
"I've only been practising for a couple of hours."
Too late, I didn't notice her chit-chat was to distract me. A Ramstone came my way. The air got knocked out of me as I take a fall to the ground.
"You okay?" Hannah shouts, concern actually in her voice.
"Yeah, I'm okay." I say, as I get up for what? The twentieth time that day?
"Lesson number three, always pay attention, no room for chit-chat." She chided me.
Surprisingly, she was a very good teacher, her method is quite effective.
She fires a sand angler and  I quickly doge to the right. The sand angler hits the space where I had been only heartbeats ago, turning the dirt into quicksand and also sending a sandstorm everywhere.
And I, Lillia Shane, can use that distraction perfectly.
I make a dash towards the sound of a slug reaching velocity. My goal was in sight. I made a twist around a rock, then turned around and stop, arrow already locked in place with Tizzer, pointed at the back of Hannah's head. The dust had cleared. Hannah drops her blaster and puts her hands up in defeat. I don't realise it, but I'm panting, not too quickly, but i could still hear my breaths as I retract the string. Letting my weapon fall to my side.
"Good slinging." She congratulates me, turning around and patting me on the shoulder, walking off. I stare after her, my mouth slightly hanging open in surprise. How could she just walk off?
Then I realise the rancid smell of I - don't - know - what- it - is - but - it - smells - horrid. I look down to the source. A purple and white striped slug grins slyly back up at me before bouncing off into the direction of, a Hannah who was laughing her head off.
Flatulorhinkuses. Curses.
I sprint after the now-laughing but trying to get away Hannah placing a scowl on my face but enjoying it.
"Lesson 5, don't EVER underestimate your opponent or their slugs!"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hands down, my
BEST.
FANART.
EVER.
Whaddya guys think? Out of /10?
Likes and comments welcome!
HL🐞