Chapter 10

Hay loves I know its been a year, god I'm a terrible author but I know you all still love august so IMA stop talking and let y'all read. IMA make this extra long . okay last thing ima say

Chantell POV

A week later

I closed the trunk of the car with a soft thud. A small sigh escaped my lips . I hated that a week had finally passed. Time was just slipping away before my eyes. A small tug came to my heart as August walked out the hotels front door. His face mirrored mine in a battle of who could be sadder. He suggested driving himself to the airport which shawnty quickly denied saying it was unprofessional and dangerous. So with a sad expression august hung up without another word.

My feet moved on there own accord as the thought of never seeing him again passed through my mind, before long I was right behind August with a handful of his shirt in my grasp. He turned to look at me but I just kept my head down, to shy to show him my tears. The feeling of his warm hand resting on my cheek guiding my face upward brought a soft calmness I've only ever felt from my dad.

He brought my face up as my eyes passed over all his delicious features, his bearded chin, those lush lips, his curved nose, and his eyes. Oh I could talk about them forever, hazel orbs that had everyone staring for hours and never looking. My heart ached to see them filled with so much sadness. His fingers brushed  a stray tear that had fallen as he kissed my forehead, " I wish I could take you with me ."

I leaned into his hand calmed by the warmth, " I wish I could too, but my mom said I have to finish college."

He groaned at the mention of college , "to heck with college you're never gonna need a job with me taking care of you."

" Well not anyone can become a successful rapper like you."

" I'm not a rapper I'm a r&b singer." He retorted childishly a pout on his lips.

I threw my head back in a laugh before giving his lips a soft peck, " whatever helps you sleep at night pretty boy."

He threw his arms around my waist posseively, "I'm your pretty boy." We stood there silently after that to afraid that our next words would be a goodbye or so long. Instead august just pulled my close to his chest and kissed me softly all his emotions coming out in the touch. His sadness , love, lust, misery, and anger . I felt it all in that one kiss. My lips returned his feelings with a fire I never knew I had. It was all to long before he finally broke it looking back a me again. "I'll come back as soon as the tour is over. I have 2 more concerts left so please don't dusapear in me." You could hear the hint of seriousness in his playful tone.

I gave his lips a final peck before stepping back, "I won't I promise, I'll be right here waiting." I paused before finally saying the words I'd been restraining, " I love you."

He stared back at me with those hazel eyes, " I love you too." With a final wave he got in the car and was taken away.

~~

A week later

I just got out of school after another gruesome lecture and was head over to Kana's to grab a well deserved snack. The ding of the bell chimed upon my entrance. When Kana turned to welcome me she stopped a and frowned, " child he's only been gone a week and you're already miserable. What are you doing with yourself?" There was more concern than chastisement in her voice. I hated knowing she was right, what am I doing with myself I need to get myself out of this ditch. Just because he hasn't answered your text the last 3 days doesn't mean have a mental break down. He's probably working real hard I told myself reassuringly. Before I could sit down in my usual spot Kana already had a sack bag trusted out towards me. My eyes brows raised in confusion.