"Are you done, bffs ?" Kai impatiently asked and seeing as no one was talking waiting for him to continue, he returned to the issue at hand.

"So are you going to help or not?"

"Why would we help you, Kai? I asked you and you still haven't given me a reasonable answer" Elena sassed.

"Well, sassy pants, in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a sociopath"

"You don't say" Damon said under his breath causing Max to snicker.

"I know, shocker! I like being a sociopath, Max knows it. I'm not burdened by things like guilt or love, well with only one exception" Kai smiled at Max and then spoke again.

"So then this merge happened with my brother Luke and I won, which was great because I always do and also because I absorbed his ability to do magic but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died, how...Liv's life is ruined, for some horrible reason I can't shake how bad I feel about it"

Elena kept listening to him, getting more and more interested in what the warlock was saying all of a sudden. She certainly couldn't believe in her ears because what Kai was telling them all was surprising, even for Max who had already seen the softer side of him.

The Finnigan girl didn't know how Kai would be like when showing his emotions to everyone else. She had never seen it and honestly she didn't know if she wanted to.

"You feel bad?" Elena asked, hard to accept it.

"Yeah, so when I absorbed Luke's magic, I must've gotten some of his qualities or something like...empathy. So I googled how to process emotional pain and they said if your write everything down in a letter and burn it, you'll be healed. So I started writing and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you, like...like water just...Just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids" Kai explained annoyed and confused.

"That's called crying, I'm pretty sure you've seen it" Max sighed and went to stand next to where Kai was sitting.

"Yes! You're right, love. I cried..And after that was done I burned the letter and the feelings were still there"

Elena looked incredulous and Damon was exasperated, because Kai was talking endlessly without getting anywhere.

"So...I really feel strongly that Jo needs to know how sorry I am for destroying our family, but let's face it guys! I mean, Elena, you of all people should be willing to look past the questionable things that I've done to see that there's...There's good somewhere in me. You did it with Damon"

"Ok, I think we're done here. Sorry Max, even though you're our friend we can't offer our help to an emotionally unstable psychopath so please, take him out of here. Come on" Damon intervened before getting cut off by his girlfriend.

"Actually what if there's something he can do for us in exchange?" Elena pursed her lips looking at him expectantly.

Max furrowed her eyebrows at Elena, feeling quite confused because when Elena had something in mind, a lot of people got hurt and nine out of ten circumstances it was impossible to achieve. In spite of all these facts though, Max had a mild suspicion of what it could be and the joy was threatening to overwhelm her.

++

"It's nothing; you know you'll be fine. You deserve it to her anyway since you were the one who left her at the prison world all alone to die" Max said to Kai, trying to convince him to help Elena and the rest of her friends, including the Finnigan Girl.

Kai looked at Max and mumbled sarcastically, "Wow thanks for the support, baby"

Max's eyes widened when he said that because it had been a long time since the last time he called her 'baby'. It was also weird because they were now getting slowly back together, bringing up the feelings they had had for each other a long ago.