06.

06.

"So, Kai" Stefan mumbled, while laying on the bed he and Max shared. He had woken up 2 minutes ago, having Max sleeping with her head on his chest while his arm was wrapped around her. After a heated night, firstly in the couch and then on their bed, they both fell asleep, quite exhausted I might add. Of course, the perfect morning had to be ruined by the mention of the devil's name from Stefan.

"What about him?" Max sighed sleepily, not opening her eyes yet.

"Well, when we visited his father in Portland, he told us a few things about him. You know, him being a psycho and killing all of his siblings. Adding up what Damon told us while we were driving there and what you had said about him, made me realize that it's okay where he's now. We don't want him in our lives I guess" he stated and started caressing her arm.

"It's more than okay Stef. Imagine what Kai will do, if he returns. Believe me, you don't want him to return. Is that what you wanted to ask me?" she opened her eyes, raised her head and looked at him while furrowing her eyebrows.

"No, it's actually something else. Kai's father told Damon that you helped them send him away. He also told him that you were a really powerful witch" Stefan said as he stared deeply into her eyes, probably wanting to see if Max was going to tell the truth.

"Yes that is true. I was a very powerful witch and I'd become the leader of my coven when my parents would die but that surely won't happen now since, you know, I'm a vampire"

Not feeling like sleeping anymore, Max decided to get up and start her day. Stefan on the other hand groaned, wanting to stay in bed a bit longer with his girlfriend. Max laughed at his reaction and went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Apparently, we're not going to enjoy the day as I had planned" Stefan said and walked towards the kitchen were Max was now pouring coffee into two cups.

"But I've made coffee and pancakes. What happened?" Max frowned, causing Stefan to laugh at her cuteness.

"And they look delicious, but I have to meet Damon at Whitmore" He kissed her on her lips and took a sip from his coffee.

"Ugh, come on. What did he do?"She complained.

"Well, promise me you won't tell Jo" he pleaded and took a bite from his pancakes.

Max rolled her eyes in annoyance and nodded him to continue, "I won't tell Jo, just tell me"

"Damon compelled Alaric to take the ascendant from her in order for us to bring Bonnie back from that prison world" Stefan smiled slyly and waited for her reaction.

"I'm not surprised...Classic Damon" she commented and began eating her pancakes, leaving her boyfriend looking at her quite shocked.

"I wasn't expecting this reaction of yours but ok..."

Max chuckled at his response and stated that she was used to Damon's actions. She surprisingly added that she had missed his rush plans, earning a sarcastic comment from Stefan along the lines of "Are you telling me indirectly that you like my brother?" But Max only shoved him in the arm playfully and continued talking.

"Actually, I was thinking about going to Liv and chit chat a little. So we can go together, which means..." She gave him a flirtatious smile and it was his turn to chuckle.

"Breakfast?" he placed his hands on her face softly.

"Breakfast" the young vampire replied and gave Stefan a kiss.

++

Stefan dropped her off at the café Liv was working and said that he would go to find Damon. He actually suggested she should go with him but Max denied politely. Although she loved Damon with all her heart -as a friend of course-, she didn't want to hear him blubbering about the ascendant. It was one of those days that all she desired to do was just hang out with her blonde friend.