09.

09.

Max was wandering around the corridors of the hospital while thinking what she should do next. She had argued with her friends, but mostly Jo, about her idea to save Liz and then with Stefan to whom she expressed her feelings that had been eating her alive since yesterday. Although 'argue' was a strong word; Max preferred to say he put him in his place and frankly that's what it was.

The female vampire decided it was best to make him understand that nothing was normal between the two, at least not as normal as it used to be back in the beginning of their relationship. Max had a feeling that things between them would soon come to an end but it was sooner than she could imagine.

While she was walking, she heard someone screaming but chose to ignore it. However that scream sounded again, which intrigued her to run towards where it came from.

Once she did, she saw Caroline's and Stefan's backs and a patient covered in blood standing in front of the former. Max understood that it must have been the guy from Duke who Caroline fed her blood with seen as he was begging them to kill him.

"You wanna help me? Help me die" Colin begged her before gasping, surprising the three of them.

Damon pulled the heart out of his chest and in result the patient fell down while the vampire, who killed him, observed the poor guy's heart.

"Why the hell did you do that?" Caroline asked accusingly.

"He was suffering, Car. There wasn't any other option" Max decided to speak for her friend, knowing he would say something insensitive, it didn't stop he though.

"He made a wish, I granted it"

"God" Caroline breathed out and looked away from him in disgust.

The Finnigan girl took a few steps and stood next to Damon. She then took a look on Colin's dead body, feeling only pity for him and nothing else. He became an experiment just to fulfill Caroline's selfish needs.

That was what Max thought that moment about Caroline; she had been a selfish girl, putting her own interest above others' just to save her mother. Her opinion on Caroline had changed so much in the last few hours but it might have been the jealousy and the anger overwhelming Max. In other words, the true reason she was thinking like this at the moment was probably the fact that she didn't like Stefan's attention being on her friend; she was missing that attention which she was getting by him the past few days. Maybe though, whatever she was feeling was just an excuse to get back to Kai easily without feeling guilty about it.

"The blood transfusion didn't work" Damon stated, still holding the heart.

"So you didn't just kill him blondie-"

"That's enough Damon" Stefan cut his brother off.

"No it's fine. He's just saying what everyone else is thinking. I killed my mom" Caroline sniffed and left the room.

"Couldn't you not be yourself for a few minutes? Would it hurt you physically, Damon? Secondly, can either of you explain to me what you meant about the blood transfusion?" Max crossed her arms to her chest and waited one of them to explain.

Not only had no one informed her about their idea but also she had to deal with her friend's attitude, which by the way wasn't helping the situation at all. It was like being the referee to her friends' bickering when Damon was involved and in all honesty it was tiring the hell out of her sometimes.

"Jo had an idea; she said that if she could transfuse human blood to Liz then the magic would leave her body as well which didn't work" Stefan explained.