Chapter 22

"What now?" Shibaki asked.

"It's not moving." Kuriagi panted.

The ground started to rumble and the Droigron changed itself to look like an electric blue fox. The magic energy was surging through the whole field. I've never felt this eerie feeling before.

"Get ready. It's attack patterns might change." I warned.

I backed off from the Droigron's face as it let out a loud screech. The Droigron shook it's head wildly as purple streaks appeared. Once the streaks settled in it's skin, the Droigron kept facing different directions to protect a silver gem that was located on its right eye.

"Whoa!" Yukai exclaimed.

"So pretty!" I yelled as I pulled the Droigron by its tail.

The Droigron swung it's tail and sent me flying across the field. I landed quick on my feet and stood my ground as the Droigron looked at me. I looked back at it and pulled some extra chocolate that I had in my pocket.

"You wanna go?" I said as I ate the remaining chocolate. "Let's go."

Leaving a dust trail behind, I dashed towards the Droigron at half speed. I was prepared to go for the kill when I was just a couple of feet away. I leaped from my current position and landed on its face, with my claws out.

"Naku, Move out of the way." Yukai ordered.

I didn't know what he had planned, but I clawed all over the Droigron's upper half and left the rest to Yukai. With me out of harms way, Yukai took his sniper rifle and shot the Droigron's eye. With just three shots to the eye, Yukai had taken down the raging beast.

"No fair. You used that gun." I complained.

Yukai let out a small chuckle and pointed the gun at me. I knew he was bluffing since he would never pull the trigger on me, knowing that I'm his brother.

"You said to kill it with my own hands. I used them to pull the trigger. It's simply using the gun as an extension of myself." He said heroically.

"Blah blah blah... On and on." I mimicked, causing the others to laugh out loud.

"He has a lot to learn, doesn't he?" Riuyo asked.

"Yes. Quite a lot indeed." I smirked devilishly at Yukai.

"Is there something that I have to know?" Yukai asked.

"A lot of things." I answered in a slight exhale.

We continued our normal route and trudged through the forest once more. The dense fog and the endless number of trees made it feel like a horror movie. It was a really nostalgic feeling, back in my own world with this kind of weather. I missed it after all these months.

"Naku can I tell you something?" Yukai asked as we were about half way through the forest.

"Go on." I replied in a curious manner.

"The Dark Ruler knows about your weaknesses. He might be making a weapon for the upcoming situation." Yukai shuddered.

"Relax. I'm almost impossible to kill." I brushed off.

"I hope so. If things go wrong, can you promise me that you won't die?" He asked worried.

"I don't think that I can keep that promise. Everyone has to die at some point. The same goes for us. We may have immortality on our side, but it's no excuse to live for as long as you want." I replied coldly.

"No! You're gonna listen to me and keep that promise. You will not die, understand?!" Yukai said in a loud tone, almost as if he was yelling.

Everyone quickly dropped what they were doing and formed a barrier between Yukai and myself. Yukai took a sudden step back and everyone was looking at him like if he was a target.

"Fine... I promise... I won't die." I said in a cracked voice.

I felt the tension between us fade into nothingness. Riuyo and the others formed a small perimeter around me and kept Yukai at a distance as we continued to walk. We finally reached the castle grounds in a matter of hours and we anxiously started looking for Kiru.

"Look who's here." Kiru said as he snuck up from behind me. "Mitsukete." He whispered in my ear.

"Touché" I laughed.

"I assume that you were saved by those guardians that you have." Kiru guessed.

"That kinda is their job." I stated.

"I know where your parents are." Gotsuki said as she ran towards us.

"Wait. I have news too." I interrupted.

"Go on." Kiru demanded.

"The Dark Ruler... I know his whereabouts. Not just that, but I also managed to tell Yukai the truth. All while I was locked up in a painful cage cell." I pointed out.

"Wow. You must be extremely worn out." Kiru said in shock.

"You guessed it. I made the journey home, from a cave, with only a chocolate bar. I need my real food." I demanded as I walked over to the kitchen and got a tub of ice cream from the fridge.

"Oh, honey, don't be so primitive like that." Gotsuki said worriedly, "You have to add the whipped cream. You're a prince, for crying out loud, be civilized."

"Right." I pointed out as I grabbed the whipped cream and emptied out the can.

"See? Much better now." Gotsuki sighed in happiness.

"You really understand my diet." I said proudly before burying my spoon in the small dessert mountain.

"So... Back to the topic... You had news for us, Gotsuki?" Kiru said with a noticeable sign of impatience.

"Yeah. Naku's parents are in the school... The other dimension's school... Alive... Held captive by the Dark Ruler." Gotsuki said as she slowly lost her excitement.

"So? We can go back and break them out. I can destroy the Dark Ruler there one and for all." I said in a careless tone.

"We should get moving, then." Kiru said with his hopes high.

"Let's prepare for the most gruesome, savage, action packed battle that would most likely end up being an insane blood bath." I cheered.