Chapter 14

After I got inside I dialed Erick's number.

"Hello Erick?".

"Hey Ben, how you doing?".

"I'm ok, sorry I couldn't talk to you before I was...busy".

"Yeah, that's all right sweetie don't worry".

"Erick I think we really need to talk".

"Yes, I think so too, but I think it would be better in person, when I get back".

"No, you don't need to be back to talk we can do it over the phone".

"No, Bennett I don't think that's the right way, I know I'm gonna be away for too long but I can travel on my day off to talk to you".

"How long are you staying there?".

"Two months".

"What?".

"I thought I've already told you".

"I don't remember, but why so long Erick?".

"This is my job Bennett and they need me here to promote some events, I'm sorry I can't do anything about it, but maybe you can come over and be with me".

"I don't know Erick, I---".

Suddenly I saw Ryan on my tv, they were interviewing him and I really wanted to hear that. so I hang up on Erick, sat on the couch and turned the volume up.

The front man for the band OneRepublic Ryan Tedder did an interview for us this week and he' told us about his band's new album which is called 'Native' and about their touring, and everything, let's see it.

Then, there he was with his charming smile and his beautiful eyes, his messy hair, wearing his red pants and his black leather jacket, he looked so darn good!, I was trying not to drool seeing him.

Interviewer: So Ryan how do you think this album will change you?

Ryan: Well  this will certainly be a lot different from our past work and definitely new for the fans.

Interviewer: And aren't you scared of your fans reaction to this changes?

Ryan: I say we are fifty fifty, because maybe, but I hope not, some fans will stop being our fans with this album, but on the other side I'm confident we will gain new fans with this album, so it's cool.

Interviewer: And can we expect to get a glimpse of the album on the internet or not?

Ryan: Yes, actually there is a sample to one of our songs on our website already, so our fans can listen to it, and we can see some reactions.

Interviewer: Ryan Thanks so much for your time.

Ryan: No, thanks for having me.

As soon as I hear him saying a piece of a new song was already online I ran to my laptop and went to their website, I played the song and:

But with you I feel again

yeah with you I can feel again yeah

 As I heard Ryan's voice singing those lyrics I felt how my skin got the goose bumps, his voice had just gotten even better, and I felt like I had fell in love with his voice for the second time, but wait, was just with his voice I had fell in love with? or was it with him now too?, I kept thinking how that would be so weird and wrong since I was with Erick but my heart kept telling me Erick wasn't his owner anymore, and I thought that maybe it was just a crush. Then Erick called me again.

"Hello".

"Hey, everything ok, you hang up on me".

"Sorry Erick, I was seeing Ry--- Raining outside you know how much I love rain".

"Ok, so listen I checked on the flights for this weekend and you can come over and leave the next day".

"Erick, I can't".

"We really need to do this Bennett, if we want this relationship to continue".

"That's right Erick, if we want this to continue, but the problem is I don't".

I felt so horrible but it was for the best, then after a brief moment if silence

"Bennett are you sure?".

"Yeah, I'm sorry Erick".

"I can't believe you".

"What?".

"You're breaking out with me because of a stupid camera!?".

"It might be stupid for you but it is not for me".

"Seriously?".

"It's not because of the camera Erick!".

"Then why?".

"It's because a change of heart".

"What? with who?".

"I have feelings for...".

"You know what? I don't want to hear it, I don't care! do whatever you want, but I hope you can grow up some day and be mature as you should be".

"Are you coming to get your stuff?".

"No, you can keep it, or throw it away I don't care!".

Then he just hang up on me, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, my hands were shaking, but I was proud I had taken the courage to tell him the truth even if it hurt him, I just didn't think it was fair for him that I didn't loved him anymore and that there was other man who had taken over my heart and mind, I realized that from that moment, it was just gonna be me in the apartment, I turned on my stereo with OneRepublic's music and started gathering Erick's stuff in a box, I must say I felt nostalgia while doing it after that time, now it was over, and I was afraid as I didn't know how Andy will react to my feelings.