Chapter 5

After that wonderful but weird dream about Zach, I stood up from bed and went straight to the kitchen to get me a cup of coffee, Erick stayed in bed and he even fell asleep again, so I just grabbed my coffee and I went to the window, it looked so beautiful, it was white everywhere and with just a few rays of sun it looked stunning, I just loved Winter so much.

The apartment was too quiet, no music this time no, Erick just hated when I set music as my alarm, he knows I like OneRepublic, but sometimes he can't stand them so I try to give him a break, after all I have plenty of time for fangirling when he is away. Anyway as I noticed that the apartment was more quiet than usual I went to the laundry room where Pam sleeps and I saw her sleeping and there was nothing wrong with that, except that she always woke up before me, every single day, so I tried to wake her up by calling her name, nothing, then I pet her while talking to her and, nothing, so I panicked.

"Erick!". I screamed as I ran to the bedroom to wake him up.

"What is it?".

"It's Pam! she won't wake up!".

Erick got up from bed and went with me to see Pam.

"Babe, calm down, I'm sure it's nothing serious".

"Let's take her to the Vet, she's not like this Erick!"

"Have you tried giving her water?".

"No, should I?".

"Yes, bring some".

I tried to give her water with a bottle, and she barely got a few drops in her mouth.

"You know what I'm taking her to the Vet, you wanna come with me?" I said to Erick as I went to my room to put on my Jeans and a Jacket.

"Bennett? It's too early I don't think it's open yet".

"Well, then I'll wait until they are, or I will look for an emergency clinic".

"Ok then, call me to let me know how things go all right?".

"Sure". I replied, I was just so upset at him, because he didn't seemed to care.

I drove all the way to the Vet, it was a twenty minute trip, I had Pam in the front passenger seat, and I was constantly looking at her.

"Please, please Pam don't die". I was telling her as some tears came out.

As I always had a OneRepublic CD in my car, "Stop and Stare" was the song playing while I was driving and yes, it made me cry more, but I was just praying that my sweet little Pam could make it, I have had her since she was a puppy and she was the greatest, cutest, smartest dog ever, even though she didn't seemed to like Erick very much.

When I finally arrived at the Vet I told them about Pam, and they took her in immediately, but the didn't allow me inside and that made me feel more  worried than I already was. I took a seat and got my cell phone out, I opened Twitter and the first tweet I saw was:

"We have the greatest fans ever". 

"Oh my god! OneRepublic is tweeting". I thought  to myself.

So I tweeted them something random.

"I love your music so much, It helps me though hard times".

And after a few minutes later they replied me!:

"We're glad our music has helped you, thanks for listening and support".

"Oh mu god!". I shouted out loud.

And of course the people around me was staring at me very surprised, so I didn't knew what to say, I just hated to get people's attention, I felt very nervous when that happened.

"Sorry, I saw a very impressive video clip, sorry". 

That was the only thing I could thought to say to excuse myself for such a weird scream.

"Bennett Harris?"

"That's me"

"I'm doctor Miller".

"Nice to meet you, how is Pam?".

"She's better now, she's resting, but she was a little bit dehydrated"

"What? it can't be, I always check her water bowl and change it to fresh water every day".

"Yes, but you have to give her vitamins and special care when she's pregnant"

"She's what?".

"She's pregnant, you didn't knew that?".

"No! I keep her inside my apartment all the time, how this happened?".

"Well I'm sure there's a logical explanation to this".

On my way back I was in shock and thinking how could Pam got pregnant, I kept thinking and thinking, and, Oh my god! I remember! that time my friend Tiffany went to visit me and she brought her dog Steve which is the same breed as Pam, and I had to left for an hour or so, of course how else.

"Pam is what?". said Erick with a surprised look.

"She's pregnant, and now I don't know what I'm gonna do".

"Well sell the puppies as soon as you can".

"I know, but I mean the apartment is too small and she will need more space, and her pups".

"Ben, is just a dog honey, she will be fine there".