♦️ Chapter 8 || It's a small party ♦️

Start from the beginning

"Jake how many drinks have you had?" another guy shouted.

"Only a few Dan I swear!" Jake said while putting his hands up like he got caught.

Dan laughed as he grabbed a girl and went back to the dance floor.

"Dylan! Drop that cup!" Jake shouted at a guy who was about to chug a drink.

"Nahh itz all good but imma need a ride home." Dylan said ignoring Jake.

Was there alcohol here? Cause that guy looked drunk.

I quietly scooted away from the guys and made my way to a quiet hall way where a small bench was located.

An hour or so went by since I've arrived and I haven't spent one minute with Bridget.

"Are you trying to avoid the party as well" A voice said.

I looked over, a tall blonde guy was standing in front of me.

I nodded, "I'm not really a party person."

"They really aren't that bad. The more you go the better they get" he paused, "May I join you?"

"Of course, It's not my bench anyway. So who am I to say no?" I said.

Nicole your rambling again SHUT UP!

"Well if you wanted to be alone you could tell me to leave." He said.

I shrugged.

"Are you Nicole?" He paused Your friends with Bridget right?"

I looked at him with confusion, "Yes, how do you know?"

He smiled, "I'm Becca's sister who is friends with Bridget. I was sent to find you to tell you that Bridget was wondering where you are."

"But how did you I was Nicole? For all you know I could have been..... Henrietta" I said.

He laughed, "Henrietta?"

"It was the first name that came to my head"

"Well, The reason I knew you were Nicole was because Bridget told me you were a Brunette with brown eyes and you hate parties so you would be somewhere alone." He said.

"Why didn't she come find me?" I asked.

He sighed, "She did"

"Ooh"

There was silence between us until there was a crash coming from the kitchen.

He stood up, "Well that's my cue. It was nice meeting you Nicole." He began to head away.

"Wait I never caught your name." I said to him.

"Liam" he said with a smile.

I put a slight smile on my face, "Well Liam, could you actually tell Bridget that I'm going to head home now?"

He nodded, "Will do" and walked away.

I stood up, walked to the nearest exit and began to walk home.

That party was a disaster waiting to happen, but Liam seemed very nice.

The moon was high in the sky which slightly lit my way home.

I could still hear the music blaring... I still hate parties.

I continued to walk home while staring at the snow on the ground and humming random notes.

Cars kept driving past me and the temperature felt like it dropped 10 degrees.

I wrapped my arms around me and continued walking, I should be arriving home... I mean the Vance's home soon.

I heard a screeching noise coming from a stopping car that was behind me, it was pretty far away from me so I continued walking but I just picked up the pace.

Soon the car continued on the road, and I breathed.

Jake was right about me. I am nothing. I know he didn't say it but he most definitely implied it... and it was the truth. I couldn't even fight for my most precious in life, Teddy. I am a weak mess. Not even all my boxing classes can help me. I've been training for a while now, and I still don't feel ready for a real fight in the ring. I'm scared.

Now that Jake has Teddy I feel as if he holds my life. I know I'm super attached to Teddy, I've never spent a night away from him. I mean like everyone has something super special to them whether it's a teddy bear, a special blanket, a necklace or maybe even a phone. We all have something close to us.

I'm not the odd one out.... Am I? 

I sighed, I am nothing and there was nothing I could do about it.

I looked up at the sky. I miss you dad. I miss you mom.

I took a breath, they will be home shortly.

I looked straight ahead and saw Maple Street in my view. At last I made it to their street.

I leaped into the air but a hand caught my shoulder and pushed me into the nearest tree. His hand dug deep into my shoulder.

"What's a pretty little thing doing out here so late?"

* * * *

Also ITS MY 17th Birthday today!!! WOOHOO

I Hope you are enjoying the story so far. Things are about to heat up.

If you have any questions you can comment or message me.

ILY

Don't be a silent reader 🌸

*Vote and Comment*

Alyssa Rose
XOXO ❤️