♦️ Chapter 8 || It's a small party ♦️

Start from the beginning

"How could you do this to me?" I said.

She shrugged, "it's time you live. You will thank me later."

Sure I will Bridget.

She hopped out of the car and I followed. I clung to her arm like a leech.

She pushed open the front door and a wave of shouts and screams were poured over us.

I think I lost my hearing...

I looked around, people were dancing and getting a little too close to each other.

I didn't see anyone drinking alcohol which is good, all I saw were people drinking out of these red cups.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding... everyone is sober... Thank goodness.

Bridget ran into the house and sprinted to a group of girls in the kitchen, I tried to keep up with her.

They all have her hugs and then their eyes laid upon me. One girl, who I suspect was Becca, eyed me up and down with a look of disgust and she said to Bridget "Who is that?"

Bridget turned and said "This is Nicole, she's my best friend and she's cool"

Becca rolled her eyes and turned to another crowd... I can see I was unwelcome.

Bridget and the group of girls moved to the dance floor.... Yes the house had a party room! It has huge speakers, light, a disco bulb and its own dance floor!

Bridget turned to me and I nodded as to say, go have fun I'll be over here.

She smiled and started dancing.

I sighed and began to wonder the house.

I later found my self in the kitchen, this house is like a maze. I grabbed a bus cup and pour ice water into it.

As I turned around my arm banged into someone and the cup fell on the floor.

"I am sooooooooo sorry" I said while getting on my hands and knees to pick up the cup.

When I had the cup I stood back up, to no surprise my eyes were looking right into Jake's eyes. Great...

Jake just laughed, "Of course you would be here!" He stumbled in his feet and didn't seem to be completely focused.

"Look Jake I'm sorry. Bridget begged me to come and I felt bad.... I don't want to be here just as much as you don't want me here." I said.

He sighed, "I never thought you would come to a party"

Ouch... but I mean it is true...

"As I said, I don't want to be here." I repeated.

He shrugged as he began to dry his clothes with a nearby towel.

I sighed, I'm such an outcast.

"Jake why'd ya leave us?" A guy said while heading toward Jake with a few others.

"I was getting a drink but my plans shifted the second she spilled water on me." He said while pointing at me.

The group of guys looked at me, "and who is this?"

Jake sighed, "This is the chick that's staying at my house while her parents ditched her."

I rolled my eyes, "They didn't ditch me... and I am Nicole."

I shook hands with the guy as he introduced himself, "Asher. Pleased to meet your acquaintance."

Asher? The Asher? OMG this is the guy that Bridget likes!