Chapter 11- Confrontation le partage passé et fermer les yeux

His feet slammed on the wooden floor, his eyes narrowed in on their target and his teeth ground together. He could hear the others yelling his name but he didn't acknowledge it and soon he could hear them following. He walked through the living room archway and made his way into the kitchen, where Fred and Yvonne were sat at the dinner table.

The house looked abandoned and neglected, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls, some sheets crumpled in a pile on the floor. The paper was stained making it look like they had been through generations of families. The wooden floor was rickety and squeaked with every footstep. A mouse couldn't go unheard in this house.

Fred and Yvonne shot up from their seats when they heard the banging footsteps getting nearer. A look of fear washed over Yvonne's face and she swallowed the lump in her throat, she was never a good liar. She looked over to her husband with a pleading look on her face. She hoped they wouldn't ask her anything because knew she'd tell them the truth under the pressure. She didn't want to do it, she was ready to see them off in the morning but it was Fred's idea. He wanted to do it.

"There a problem?" Fred asked calmly, standing his ground, he was glad his voice didn't waver. He could feel Yvonne's fearful gaze on him and he knew if he looked at her he'd give the game away. Ross slowly moved his eyes from Yvonne's shaky figure and onto Fred. His face hard as stone, showing no emotion. His eyes cold as they connected with Fred's. A shiver ran up Fred's spine and his eyes almost pulled away. Ross took a shaky breath in an attempt to decrease his anger.

"Where is our food?" He asked in a low threatening voice. His fists clenched at his side, trembling with rage. His jaw twitched when Fred scoffed and looked away from them.

"Yeah...we took some." Fred stated coolly, his eyes back to the enraged person in front of him who looked like they were seconds from lunging.

At this, Ross leapt forward with his fist in the air ready for it to connect with Fred's jaw. He felt himself being pulled back by a number of hands. Fred's eyes widened and he jumped out of his skin, Yvonne had already ran behind the table and Fred followed. They hoped the table would create enough of a barrier between them. Ross stumbled but caught himself not bothering to turn back and yell at whoever had pulled at him. He kept his eyes planted on Fred's cowering figure. He couldn't hear anyone else, everything around him just became a blur of sounds and images.

Jane stepped away from Ross as he lunged, knowing that he was going to do it sooner or later. Drew and Nate managed to pull him back and Alex stood in front of Ross unaware of the fact that if Ross really wanted to get to Fred, he could have just walked right over Alex.

"Why would you do that?" Jane asked above the uproar of her group, Courtney stood beside her watching both Fred and Yvonne with owl-like eyes. "That's our food, why-why would you take it?" Jane asked again, her voice laced with confusion but becoming more firm toward the end.

"Because we need it too!" Yvonne screamed out, her hands clasping her chest, tears rushing down her face like a river bursting its banks. Her eyes pulled away from Ross and landed on Jane, her face showing a look of desperation and dread. She was terrified of Ross ever since he disarmed Fred, not because he could but because he looked like someone who had trouble containing their anger. She feared that if he hurt someone, he wouldn't stop. He had that look in his eye.

"That's our food!" Nate roared at them, stepping round Ross who was frozen in place with his eyes set on Fred. "Do you know what we went through to get all that?!" He continued. "We lost one of our own!"

Alex raised his head and turned to see Nate next to him with his finger pointed furiously at the two thieves. He would never get used to someone talking about her. At the mention of Annie, he automatically turned to look at Courtney who flinched at what Nate said. He didn't want to look at her but he just couldn't help it.