Chapter 56 - White Sheet ◆

I fall onto the ground as I choke the sobs that are desperately trying to escape passed my throat, I hug myself as tight as possible to make myself small from everyone's vision.

My mind is chipped, my body's drained. I am spacing out the entire time I waited for help.

But I have waited long enough, it makes me feel something's not right. As if all of these were planned very well the moment it was set off. I think I have the right to get impatient, I can tell that through the duration of the wait. I am too upset to speak to anyone I've asked for help. My precious Yoongi is fighting for his life against a devious psychopath inside, and I am about to fight for my own if he happens to think of ending me too. How could I not feel impatient and frustrated to all the things that are happening out of hand? We aren't in control of our fate now, and we both reached our dead end. In a snap of Mingyu's fingers, everything will disappear. That's how critical our situation is right now, we're stuck in a deep mire of unknown debt.

Yoongi's helpless and I am useless. How will I help him? I hope Mingyu will change his mind if he's really planning out something detrimental. I've met Mingyu before, he wasn't as terror as what I've read about him from their messages. He had this cockiness in him yet he was sweet on his treatment towards Jungkook, they were stepbrothers after all, does he not treat Yoongi the same way as his little brother? What triggers them to have this kind of unfair relationship? Is it about family? About a girl? A disposition? What could it possibly be?

The rain is still pouring hard, the blow of the wind stings my face. It sharply walks on my spine making me helplessly cold. But on top of this physical pain I endure, anything but Yoongi's situation can't be endured.

I subconsciously blow an air to my hands, rubbing the both of them to create friction and try to heat up even just on that part.

My mind is morbid. I have gory images of the scenario about the gunshot and it's making me insane. Who blew it? Who was shot? I am still trembling from the grim I am feeling while I worry about the situation inside that I don't know about. Neither the atmosphere helps.

The impatience that is boiling up from the torture of the long wait pushes me to execute a clever idea. I think about running away from this hell since that's where I am good at; running away from everything. It crushes me to think to try leave Yoongi, but if I stay here, he would be devoid of the chance to see the sunrise for his next waking moments. I dart my sight to the gate, but unfortunately, it's blocked by a black car that has just pull over at the empty space in front of it. My brain grows curious. As much as I can remember, no one from the group owns it, neither from Yoongi's family nor mine. If it could be the FBI, then I'd be thankful even though they may be too late to respond. Who are the people on board?

The tinted window rolls down, a girl that has a figure so unfamiliar as you stare at it from afar came in my line of sight. Her indentity is far recognizable from the list of the people I knew, maybe because I cannot properly see her. I am crying profusely eversince and it feels so normal anymore, it's like a routine; my eyes are sore from the abusive tears springing from it, thus I doubt my vision's function but I am trying no matter what. I anxiously fish my phone from the part of the ground where no rain touched it. Because of the tremor in my hands from the terrorizing notion brought by their silent encounter, holding my phone steady is way impossible to do.

I type my fingers in, checking some update from them. But my chance crushes like dry leaves when the screen dims, the brightness has immediately adjusted to the amount of the battery left to it. And not just the dry leaves crushed but also my heart when a call from Jin connected and while I was about to slide the green button to the right, my phone died. I curse like I never did before no matter how curse-worthy the situation was. How can my fate get any worse than this?