Chapter 21 - Bad Dream ◆

N

I was greatly panting from running and walking off a certain highway, looking for a safe place to hide from this unknown guy who was chasing me for almost an hour now. I was looking for an end, but it looked like there's nothing on it. I didn't want to look back because it'll just slow me but with all these curiosities and endless queries bugging my mind, I looked. And then, I found the answer.

"You can't get away from me Nicole. No matter how hard you try to escape. I'll search for you, and if I'm kind enough, I'll let you breathe. But don't make me angry too much because I might just forget what I recently said."

He pulled me by my hair and forced me to walk with him back.

"Where are you taking me, idiot? Let go!"

I struggled for an escape but this guy had me with all his strength. I lost. I was being dragged back to the hell where I managed to hide from before. I couldn't easily get away with it. They were just so desperate to get me back.

"You'll see it soon." He muttered dangerously.

"The what?" I muttered under my breath, unable to grasp any oxygen to my nose because of the anxiety that is badly lounging me from doing it.

"All the reasons why." He let out a sharp grin. I pulled his hand, biting it unexpectedly.

"Argh!" I managed to free myself from his grasp so I took all the courage to run away from him.

"Bitch come back!" I heard him cursed behind me. I had a feeling that he was following me by now. But I learned my lesson. In situations like this, never ever look back. Just go on until the end. Let desperateness fuel you and explore what happens at the end of the highway, even if it looks like an endless tunnel of miserable sufferings. Everything has its end, just don't lose to it.

***

Yoongi

"Adeul, wake her up now. Dinner is ready." I looked up to see Mom waving at me. I placed the magazine down and diligently went up the staircase to wake her.

I bet she's having a good sleep by now.

I entered her door slowly, I didn't knock because I surely knew she wouldn't answer me.

"Baby wake up-"

"No!" I heard her scream vulnerably. Hearing her like that alerted me. As if something had stabbed me in my chest. Her voice that sounded weak under his breath was so unbearable.

I held her by the shoulders and wiped her forehead that's wet with sweat, her fringes messily spread on the surface.

"Baby wake up," I whispered softly. I blew some air into her head to cool her down. "Wake up, it's time for dinner." I slowly brushed the cover down from her body and stopped to her torso.

"Why isn't she waking up? Is the dream that deep?" I sighed under my breath. No, I wouldn't let something nor someone scares my girl.

"Wake up now." I continued shaking her carefully. Slowly, she's finally waking up.

"Uhm" She moaned in her sleep.

I watched her doing her waking up rituals. She grew and stretched her arms. "Yoongi." She whispered while her eyes were closed. "I'm here," I muttered.

"Yeah, I know."

She propped up when she was fully awake. "I had a bad dream." She whispered while smiling defeatedly. Something in that smile struck me. I wanted to get inside her just to clean up those annoying feeling. I want to get rid of it all for her.