Chapter 29 - Bad Blood ◆

"Where would you like to travel?" I slowly walk up to her, hold her hands to my chest and lovingly wait for her to answer while listening to the sound of the breeze coming in the window.

"Park. I feel like riding on a roller coaster today." She bowed her head smiling. The roller coaster in my stomach was moved with that shy smile as well. Being with her today, starting a new, making another moment that is worth remembering, it feels like I'm living a new life again.

"Yoongi-ah!" She picks up her pace, backing away from me with a slight flush in her cheeks. "Stop looking at me like that. I will melt." She said softly.

I wake up from the enthralling trance of my emotion. I am embarrassed. I look down and calm myself a bit. I'm blushing, and it's kind of rare. I think I'm badly fascinated with this girl standing in front of me.

"Let's go." I offer my arm for her to grasp. She hangs her arm, I felt my pride surging through. We walk, all I can hear is the sound of our footsteps, fading upon reaching the door of our peaceful home.

--

"Dream." My lungs badly grasped for a handful breath of oxygen. It's midnight, I stood up to get myself a drink. She was in my dream.

"N."

I poured half into my glass and swallowed all the liquid to satisfy my thirst and calm my system.

I left her that day, crying so hard, almost breathing. That's cruel. I left her like that. I took a deep, deep breath.

I lean my back on the sink, right hand holding the glass and left hand massaging my aching head. "Will you just leave me alone." I cursed silently. But no, it's not her who'd leave me, the truth is, it's me. I can't take it if she leaves. I'm haunted by her existence, totally.

Feeling aggressive, I threw the glass hardly on the opposite side of the sink. When it breaks, the sound of it lifted the heavy unexplainable feeling inside my chest. My breathing came smoothly.

Conscience never leaves. It's a choice whether you drop it or live with it.

My phone's led lights flicker together with the melody that plays with it. Someone is calling me. I found myself lost in the middle of walking when it rings, I pick it up inside my pocket and stare at it. Who's calling?

The name appears on the screen like a poison blinding me.

I took a deep breath, I want to answer the phone but something inside me stopped me from doing it.

Seconds of blankly staring at it, I weakly answer it and listen to the voice on the other line. My body freezes upon hearing her familiar voice. Crying, weeping, deep and sad. That's how I took her word as she spoke. It sting. My heart is boiling up in frustrated anger. What am I doing to her? I'm putting her in hell where she does not deserve. I close my eyes for a moment before speaking.

"Who the hell is this." My throat's dry. My hands hardly gripping the phone, shaking from the terror.

"Too late, I got her in my hands now."

"Yoongi."

A hurting voice resonates.

"I demand your identity!" I spoke, harsh enough to hurt him the way he's doing to me.

"Your father knows me."

I cringe from the unknown pain below. I drop my head down because my instinct tells me to. My right foot is bleeding as I look at it. I didn't realize it until I saw blood. I was pricked by those broken glasses on the floor. My eyes tear right at the moment, I felt the pain, the kind of deep and painful pain inside and out, plotted to attack me. This kind of torture is so new to me. Am I already paying all my sins? I haven't started yet, though. Why is everything so unfair to me? Where did I go wrong?

"Listen to her breath."

A crooked breathing echoes on the line. I cringe again as if the voice was directly hurting my ears.

I look back on the screen as I felt everything disconnected, the line died. My heart crumbled in great sadness and pain. "N!" I frantically shouted without thinking about what will happen to my voice in the morning.

I ran to the bathroom, ignoring the pain that increases when I step my feet on the ground. Guess the broken pieces are already digging in into my flesh.

"Taehyung-ah! Help me!" I quickly press the speed dial. He picks it up smoothly. Did he know I need him as quick as now? "Hyung, what's happening? Why are you in a hurry?!" His voice is as crooked as mine. I see, both of us are frantically anticipating the incoming terror.

"She was kidnapped by the syndicate, again. And, and... I think my father is involved! Taehyung-ah! Help me, I'm desperate. Please!"

"Hyung, this was the first time I ever heard you cry over a girl." His voice is serious. "We have no time for this Taehyung-ah. Let's hurry now or else..."

"This is the first time you ever call me by my real name." He added sadly.

I think of it for awhile, I realize, though, that the little things I do to him make a big deal. He really appreciates little attentions given to him. "Taehyung-ah, let's go because I can't afford to have your sister suffer from the cruelty of the people behind this."

"Hyung, please help me save my sister. I'm willing to die for her Hyung. I won't forgive myself if they'll cause her pain, not even a single cut or else I'll break their necks."

"I'm sorry," I told him. These are all because of me, these are because of my selfishness and greed from revenge.

"Let's go Hyung."

Grabbing my jacket on the open closet, and my keys on the tabletop, I quickly sprint out the door of my room to the entrance of my house.

"I need to call Dad. Maybe he knows where, and maybe, he'll help me stop this madness."

Pick up the phone old man...

Pick up the fucking phone!...

---