Chapter 54 - Love stays as long as the Heart lives ◆

The two hours drive to the funeral was enough source of rest for me. Leaning my head onto Yoongi's shoulder helped me gain what I haven't properly gotten since day one. His hand must've been cramped due to hours of holding my head up so it won't fall. Before Taehyung could pull up on the side and choose an empty parking space, my eyes fluttered open, rubbing it gently to make me gain focus of the surrounding.

"Hey, did you get enough sleep?" I wandered my eyes up to meet the gaze of the manly voice who had just spoken to me. I smiled upon locking it with the boy I wanted so bad to see. "Yes. But it won't last me until twilight, I feel the crave to get a long one." I said honestly. I haven't expected to witness a smile on his face. My words had probably brought a good humor on his mind which ended plausible on his face.

"You must be really exhausted for the past few days." He placed a long kiss on my temple regardless of the beads of sweat secreted by my skin. "I really am exhausted and drained. But you know what, thank you for being there for me." He took my hand and tangled it with one another, but before he could rest it down on his lap, his lips came attached to the surface of my palm to grant it a sympathetic kiss. "Please don't do that again." I stared deeper into his eyes, mastering how his pupils expand every time it met mine. "Suffering in solitude as means of coping up didn't get any better than opening up to the people to trust your feelings onto." Hearing him telling his sentiments made me admire the effort he put into it in order to appease the sadness I've been holding. He shuffled in his position to focus his line of sight fairly onto mine, holding up both of my hands, he lifted it up to put it on level with my sight. "I am your other half, I will always be a part of your endeavor, no matter how it was structured for you to take, I will always be there to walk with you."

Sometimes, if Yoongi doesn't proffer action, he'll do it by words. Those two constitute the provision of my peace. He knows when to use each option singlehandedly but, with the unfamiliar encounter of his recent demeanor, how he blended his words with my current situation, I never knew his speech can also graze light as I walk into the path of dimness in solitude.

"Yoongi, I'm used to deal with the circumstances on my own because I was used to be alone, even before my emotions could give an opinion to my brain, it already had things decided for me. I've only been here for two months but a lot has happened, I find it hard to adjust because while I'm on the process, obstacles just come and go, destroying the foundation I hardly built. I'm sorry if I had to seclude all of you." The last statement caught Taehyung's attention by chance. Whether he was a part of my speech or not, he underhandedly rendered his ears to pay attention to it. And seeing where this speech would take me, I decided to mention all the people who had stepped into my life since I took the path to them. "I'm still counting trust on my fingers." Even before I could continue my speech, Taehyung injected. "Don't live your life in doubt." I stared at him, quite defeated by his words. But the urge to tell my opinion pushed me beyond silence. "I am not talking about my qualifications for trusting each and everyone of you, I'm talking about the number of people I trust and I realized I don't have enough. Look, when I am about to fill all my fingers, one withdrew." My heart shattered upon the realization of my last statement. But I chose to drop it before it could gather any unwanted thoughts I'd set aside back home. "I will protect you from doubt." Yoongi added. His words put my worry to an end, so did Taehyung's concern over me. "Let's go get inside." The three of us marched down in black clothing to sympathize with the depressed atmosphere the day contrived. I pushed the black spectacles onto my eyes to hide the reddish swell under it. Yoongi looped my hands in his and began stepping to the funeral home.

Soon, Jin approached together with Hoseok and Namjoon wearing the same specs I had in mine. Jimin was nowhere to be found. "Where is Jimin?" My voice went out like a whisper but loud enough for Yoongi to apprehend.