7:

Chiara liked all the numerous dresses Matt was showing her. In fact, she had never seen such a beautiful array of dresses before in all her life. Sequins and diamond studs, bold blues and stunning reds, bright yellows and glamorous greens. She couldn't believe her eyes. She was in girl heaven.

"Which one?" Matt asked her gesturing to all the wonderful mystical colours around her.

"Which one? Which one? How can I pick "which one"?"?

Matt laughed. "By choosing one that you like the look of."

Matt gestured to one assistant at the back of the shop who was looking at him with a hungry look. She was the only one on the shop floor to be able to help them unfortunately.

Chiara wasn't an idiot. Far from it, she knew what this girl wanted.

She wanted Matt, that much was obvious.

"How can I help you sir?" she said in a high pitched and squeaky voice, completely ignoring Chiara's existence, while batting her eyelashes at Matt.

Chiara just rolled her eyes. Up close she could have a good look at her face. A thick layer of foundation on that was ten shades darker than her natural skin colour, huge fake eyelashes that looked like a dead weight on her eyes, blonde hair that was designed to look glamorous but because of how many times is had been bleached and dyed, it looked more like she had been electrocuted in her sleep.

Fake. As. Hell.

Chiara stifled a laugh. This girl was dragging them around the shop, well using the term 'we', lightly. She was dragging Matt around with her arm linked in his.

"Whore" Chiara said under her breath. The girl looked behind her and Chiara just smiled slightly. The girl shot daggers at her and held on to Matt tighter.

She looked back at the wracking stuffed full of dresses in all shapes, sizes, and colours. How could she choose? This might be the hardest choice of her life. There was so many like she liked.

She took out a deep purple dress that was designed with a sweetheart neckline, the top half covered in sparkles and the bottom half was folded neatly into pleats. She almost ran to the dressing room to try it on before Matts voice rang in her ear.

"What about this one, Chiara?" Matt said pointing to a deep tight-fitting mermaid textured pink dress, Matt shifted the girls arm from his and held up the dress in full view for Chiara.

His action made her smile.

"That's beautiful, but how busy is this house party going to be? Don't I need something simpler? and it's not really my colour I'm afraid." She said blushing.

"You can wear whatever you like, I'm pretty sure that the girls are going to be wearing things like this though, but if you wanna go simpler than we can do that." He said trying to walk towards her, but the assistant was getting a bit too handsy for Chiara's liking. She grabbed hold of Matts arm again in which, Matt refused her.

Matt was desperately trying his best to ignore the annoying assistant, but each time he shoved her away she didn't get the hint. He saw Chiara glancing over at him and he quickly gave Chiara a flirty wink which made her blush.

This charade continued for the whole thirty minutes that they were in the shop for. She went into the changing room with a bag in her hand. Coming out a few minutes later. Matt looked at her coming out of the changing room and smiled. "Right, have we chosen one?" He said with his fingers crossed.

Chiara nodded. "We sure have." What she had found was a simple fit and flair emerald, green dress, the perfect shade to match Matts eyes. Diamanté shimmered down the right-hand side of the dress accenting Chiara's curves in ways she didn't even know possible. She looked radiant. And for once she knew it. She couldn't wait to show him this dress at the party. She just had to wait two days from now.

"Right," Matt said clapping his hands together "I'll pay for it then why don't you go wait in the car and I'll be there in a few minutes after I've paid. Sound good?" Matt said kissing her cheek gently.

The girl behind the counter looked at her as if willing her to leave so she could be alone with Matt.

"Okay only if you're sure?" Matt smiled and nodded, he grabbed her hand and gave a reassuring squeeze. He paid for the dress as Chiara walked out the shop hearing the squeaking laugh of the assistant.

Ugh! She groaned internally.

"Oh shit" Matt said breaking Chiara out of her thoughts as she suddenly found him beside her.

"What's wrong?"

Matt was rummaging through his pockets. "I've left my keys in there. Hold on babe" he said getting back out of the car and heading back into the shop. "Won't be a minute," he said chucking Chiara her dress and getting out the car quickly, then running back into the shop.

Chiara carefully laid her dress in the back seats and watched Matt as he talked briefly with the girl behind the counter. She saw him reach into his pockets and pull out his phone and place it on the counter, before putting it back in his pocket again. He finally grabbed his keys and walked out the shop.

"That was close" Matt laughed as he got back in the car. Chiara just smiled at him faintly before rolling down her window and letting the fresh air wash over her. She hoped it would take all her crazy thoughts out of her head, but that was unlikely to happen.

Matt grabbed her hand and placed it gently on his thigh. She looked at her hand on his leg and looked back out the window. She didn't move it away. She needed to act normal, but normal wouldn't fit in with a millionaire, normal doesn't have thousands of pounds sat in the bank, normal isn't what a millionaire should be dating.

She could feel tears well up in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Matt asked looking concerned.

Chiara looked at him, confused. "Nothing's wrong."

"You look like your about to cry," Matt stated.

Chiara rubbed her eyes and laughed gently. "No don't be silly it's just the wind blowing in my eyes."

"Oh then here," he sat putting the roof up on the top of the car. "Better?" He asked softly

Chiara nodded. "Thanks"

She didn't want to lie to him, it wasn't like it made her feel good. She felt so out of place with him. A boyfriend or a partner is supposed to make you feel special right? Supposed to make you feel like a million bucks, not make you feel more shit about your life. She didn't care about the money he had, or any of the wealth he possessed like all the other girls did. Chiara wasn't like that. She didn't care. She never had done. Money meant nothing to her, just pieces of paper and bits of metal. That's all they were in the long and short of it. Nothing even remotely special.

She rested her head on the side of the window and sighed gently to herself.

She kept telling herself to get a grip. "Seriously what's wrong?"

"Nothing babe," Chiara smiled.

"Babe?" Matt smirked

Chiara blushed "what?!" Her face glowing red.

Matt just shook his head laughing.

"So? What would you rather your nickname be?" Chiara said with curiosity.

Matt thought for a moment. "How about muscle man?" he said beaming.

Chiara rolled her eyes at him. "Real original" A smile crept onto Matts face. "What now?"

"Nothing, nothing," Matt smirked.

Chiara hit his leg hard.

"Wow! That hurt!" He complained.

Chiara tutted at him "And you call yourself a muscle man. More like wimp man" she said laughing.

Matt winked. "Wanna see how much of a wimp this guy is?"

"That would be a sight to see." Chiara said laughing.

"Wait until tonight, babe" he winked.

"Look forward to it wimp man" Chiara said smiling at him.

She couldn't say that she was completely happy at the moment, but for now at least she was smiling. Her thoughts would have to wait a while. She needed to focus on this moment because what's the point worrying about the future?

Take each day as they come.