e l e v e n .

Z A Y N J A W A A D M A L I K

He hoped Louis wasn't as stupid as Harry was.

Zayn ran a hand nervously through his hair, before glancing backwards to the car, making sure Caden was where she should be. And then he straightened up and walked towards Louis, as confidently as he could.

Louis' eyes widened in alarm as Zayn walked right in front of the guards who were now doing the hokey-pokey. "What are you doing?" he hissed as Zayn walked coolly towards him. "I was distracting them from seeing you and now you've messed it all up-"

The guards all froze in shock once they saw Zayn stride right in front of them. Before any of them could react, Louis called out, "Simon says close your eyes and cover your ears!"

The guards all looked at each other, clearly confused, but reluctantly shut their eyes, stuffing their fingers into their ears. Louis scowled at Zayn. "What the heck, mate? Leave!"

"You have the car keys," Zayn said. "And your boy Harry's getting beat up in there."

Louis' eyes widened in fear. "Oh god, don't tell me Harry punched him."

"You betcha."

"Ugh, that little loser..." Louis looked stressed as he pulled the keys out of his back pocket. Zayn glanced at the guards, very amused at their dimness. One of the guards opened one eye suspiciously.

"Hey!" Louis hollered, pointing at him. "You're out! Go stand over there!"

"Aw man," the guard looked defeated and sadly walked to the side, staring at the ground.

Louis dropped the keys into Zayn's outstretched palm. "Go!"

Zayn hesitated, his fingers curling into a fist around the keys. He inhaled thickly before looking up at Louis. "We can't leave you in this mess. They'll torture you for information if they get you. You're coming with us."

Louis stared at Zayn. "But we won't be of much help to you two, all we'll do is slow you guys down, especially with Harry-"

"I don't care," Zayn spoke slowly. "You guys are coming with us. Alright?"

Louis hesitated but nodded when he saw the look in Zayn's eyes. "Let's go get Hazza out of there."

"Let's go kick some ass," a smirk spread over Zayn's lips, a strange sort of thrill taking over his chest as he grinned at his new friend. In seconds, the two of them rushed towards the doors of the restaurant. Zayn turned towards Caden who was standing by the car, and cupped his hands around his mouth. "Start the car and be ready!" He called before throwing the keys in her direction. Caden unsurprisingly missed and the keys hurtled against the concrete parking lot. She shot him an apologetic look but nodded as she picked the keys up from the ground.

Zayn followed Louis into the restaurant.

The place was almost in shambles. Furniture was flying everywhere, several waiters were desperately trying to pull people apart. Many of the customers were punching each other up to Zayn's surprise, and he could only wonder what Harry had done to trigger this. Zayn ducked as a random guy threw a plate at the other guy behind him, and the plate went smashing towards the wall. Ouch?

He spotted Harry standing at the corner of the restaurant, behind the remaining customers who were all recording the scene on their camera phones. Zayn pushed past everyone to reach Harry, and Harry's eyes widened when he saw him. "What are you still doing over here? Leave now before they see you!"

"You've created such a mess," Zayn spoke slowly and Harry frowned. "That we couldn't leave you two behind. Now come quick, we're all leaving-"

Someone grabbed Zayn by the collar, taking him off-guard and shoving him to the floor. Fury hurtled through him at this sudden change of events and before he could think, Zayn had smashed his fist into his attacker's face. The guy, who looked slightly drunk, groaned in pain and fell over, clutching his nose. Zayn backed away, his eyes wide at what he had done. He clearly had more strength than he had imagined.