CHAPTER 11

I decided I'd return to school after taking a week off. I was feeling a thousand times better and Mia had insisted we go shopping, so we had. And I had the cutest clothes to wear. Getting out of the shower, I slid into underwear and a bra before figuring out an outfit.

After almost fifteen minutes I chose blue demin skinny jeans and tight-fitting floral print blouse, pairing it with a long white cardigan and white strappy flats. I curled my hair and put it in a messy high ponytail and slid in a white braided head band.

I did my make up dark, since everything else was light and girly and finally, I added silver studs in my ears. I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs,eating the bowl of cereal my mom set out for me, then moving onto the yogurt she put out too. When I was done, she was dragging me out of the door, into the car. "You look very pretty today," She commented. I smiled. "Thank you," I muttered, blushing. She didn't call me pretty everyday. Actually, scratch that. She never called me pretty if we weren't in public.

When I arrived at school, my locker was cleaned, thank god, and my girlfriend was standing beside it. I smiled."Hi," I said, kissing her cheek. She smiled brightly. "You look gorgeous," she mumbled, leaning on the lockers, waiting as I opened mine, grabbing my stuff. "So do you," I told her, as she wore a black sundress and black and gold flats, her hair down straight. It was barely ever straight.

"I'm glad you showed, it's been hell without you." My mind raced. Could I really mean that much to her? Impossible.

"What's with all the compliments today? My mom, now you, what, do you guys think I'll try to kill myself again?" Mia frowned, her feeling obviously hurt. I shut my locker slowly and shook my head. "I didn't mean that, I'm sorry...it's good to be back." She offered a small smiled and took my hand, but it was forced. She was just being nice, when I bet she wanted to say something. I wish she'd just say it.

Is it healthy to never truly argue in a relationship?

When we got to class, she dropped my hand and sat in her seat, sitting there silently. "Mia, I know you're upset." She shrugged and turned to me. "Then you'll know why I don't want to talk." There was a spark in her eye and her lips were pursed, her voice clipped. My frown got deeper. "I really am sorry, Mia... I'm just emotional right now." She nodded absently. "Understood." She mumbled. The class was starting to fill up around us, and I found it awkward how they were looking at me. Staring.

Ruby smiled at me and walked over to our table. "I'm so sorry about the locker situation, people can be so cruel." I nodded."Yeah, they can." I said bitterly. "Casey, don't be so rude!" Mia chidded from the side, then, of course Ruby had an excuse for smiling at my girlfriend, charming her with her perfect teeth and beautiful face.

"It's okay, I think she's still a little upset about the breakup," Her frown was fake as she looked at me. I tuned her out and listened to the people around us. They weren't talking about me, and I was happy about that. Truly happy. Maybe the bullying was over, but as I turned back to Ruby and Mia, Mia was smiling hugely and Ruby was flirting with her.

Ruby's plan was set in motion. She was going to try to take Mia away. And I'd just helped her, because Mia was already pissed at me. The poison was setting in, and as the bell rang and Ruby walked to her seat, Mia turned her attention up front and my spirits sank just a little bit more.  

*** 

At lunch, I'm guessing Mia was still too pissed at me to even eat lunch with me, so I ventured into the library, where I soon came across the two guys who sometimes sat with us. I sucked in a breath and braced myself. I was going to try to socialize with them and the group of guys they were with. I walk up to them, as they sit on the couches and wave at Gage when he looks up. He hits Ryan and he looks up, his hat high on his head. "Hi," I muttered.