Which was why she felt responsible to put Shiro back in jail. Without a moment's hesitation, Hana jumped at him. She pulled her kunai back.

Shiro smiled, getting in a stance Hana was familiar with. "Maybe you'll be more of a challenge than the guy I just fought."

It was then that Hana saw the timber wolf haired colored anbu member lying limply beside of Shiro. Without thinking, she skidded to a stop. "Wolf!" The name tore itself from her throat. Rage built inside of her. He'd not only been somewhat her friend and her teammate, but he'd been like a sensei to her. The bond a sensei and student could be strong at times, and the bond that had been built between Wolf and Hana, despite the fact Hana had never noticed it before, had become quite strong. She sent Shiro a if-looks-could-kill glare. "I'll kill you!" she screamed.

Shiro smiled. He was sick and twisted that way, Hana thought. Taking joy from seeing pain in others. She did handsigns so quickly she actually wondered if she'd skipped some. "Kahen style! Petal barrage jutsu!" The air around Hana shimmered, and then she was surrounded by Sakura tree petals. She pointed at Shiro and the petals flew at him.

She watched as he pulled out a kunai, slicing the petals that were aimed at places that would due serious damage and ignoring the minor ones. Hana started another batch of hand seals, saying "Kahen style! Petal blade jutsu!" More petals appeared, swirling around her arms to form two blade like figures. She dashed at Shiro, slashing at him before he finished slicing all of her previous jutsu. Hana stabbed at him, but he surprising dodged it.

"Dang," Hana muttered. Shiro slashed at her, coming dangerously close to her masked face, knocking the mask off. Hana attempted a few more strikes, but he dodged them each with grace, just like she did with the kunai stabs and strikes he sent her way. That was why she was surprised when she felt a kunai bury itself into her side. The scream that came from her lips were more from surprise than pain. It was an opening though, and Shiro took it. His free hand shot forward, slamming against her forehead before he grabbed her head from the front.

"Mind style! Mind-body bind!"

Despite the fact nothing was there, Hana's arms and legs slammed into either each other or her sides as if she'd been tied up. She knew the jutsu he was using. It made it so that her mind thought she was bound, causing her to remain completely still with her arms and legs straight.

"Thanks for your help, Daichi, but it was unneeded," Shiro said, a smile on his face. It was then Hana realized Daichi must have thrown the kunai that had struck her. Shiro looked Hana over, sighing. He was so close that the breath collided with her own. "Sorry, but it seems I have to kill you, Hana-chan," Shiro said, a strange look appearing on his face. It only took her a moment to figure out that he knew something he could do to extremely annoy her.

And she knew what it was before he leaned forward, his lips meeting hers. She tried to back up by leaning back, but only ended up slamming into a tree she hadn't known was there. This only allowed Shiro to come closer, knowing she wouldn't be able to go back. She remembered when she used to live for this closeness and wondered how she'd been so insane to like it.

Shiro finally pulled away, still smiling. "Goodbye, Hana-chan." He clenched her head again.

Then everything went black.

° ◊ ° ◊ ° ◊

Light pink petals swirled around in the air, falling from the branches of a Sakura tree. A pink haired girl sat near the tree, her emerald eyes following the petals. She wore a long sleeve blue shirt with diamond shaped holes in the sleeves, white pants, and blue ninja shoes. Tied in her hair was a bright red ribbon.

"Hey, Sakura!" a familiar voice called. The pink haired girl glanced back to see a girl with blond hair and bright green eyes running toward her. She wore an orange shirt with red stripes on the short sleeves, as well as a kanji, blue shorts, and blue ninja shoes.