35. Worth the Wait

Start from the beginning

"What?" This doesn't make any sense.

"Yeah, c'mon! We haven't had time to just hang out, ya know? We should get to know one another better. Luke said it'd be good for us." Ashton explains but I still feel a little weary.

"Why would Luke want me to hang out with you?" I ask suspiciously.

"Luke is trying ti change for you and doesn't want to be as controlling. So we're going to go out and do lots of fun things you wanna do without Luke being there. It's his way of showing how much he loves you." Ashton says and let's out a big sigh.

"So are you going to let me take you out or not?" he asks with a raised eyebrow. I shift a little from foot to foot trying to decide and I end up grinning.

"Let me get changed real quick." I say and Ashton cheers.

"Yes! Okay, I'll be waiting."

---

"So what would you like to do first?" Ashton asks me as I sit in his car.

"I don't really know... I've never been given the option to just go out and do whatever." I say as my mind suddenly blanks.

"Well, what's something you've always wanted to do?" Ashton asks me and I think about it for a moment.

"I've always wanted to try... erm nevermind, it's stupid." I say with a blush rising to my cheeks. I can't believe I almost said 'that' to Ashton. He'd probably think I'm insane.

"No! Tell me! I want to do whatever you want to today." Ashton insists but I feel weird just thinking about it.

"You're gunna judge me." I reply and try to not make eye contact with him.

"For God's sake, Michael. Just tell me! I'm not gunna judge." he tells me with a stern look.

"Okay, fine. I've always wanted to, uhm, go shopping for...clothing." and when the words leave my mouth I swear I felt like shoving my head through the windshield.

"Michael...." Ashton says as if he's talking to a child. "You know you've gone clothes shopping before...right?" he asks sarcastically.

"Okay, shut up. I meant clothes shopping for...women's clothing." I say as my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

"What? Has Luke never done that with you?" Ashton asks surprised and I'm a little shocked that that was his reaction.

"Well, I mean he's gotten me stuff before but I've never gotten to try stuff on in stores because I'm always too scared to." I admit and stare down at my shoes trying to avoid Ashton's gaze.

"Okay, what store do you want to go to? Wait! This is perfect!" Ashton says with a wild grin and almost bounces in his seat.

"Why?" I ask curiously and Ashton just laughs nervously.

"Oh, no reason. But let's go and get you all prettied up." he says with a smile and we head off to some mall Ashton suggests and I just go along with it. We soon arrive and go into the first store we see which is 'Forever 21'.

"Ooo, this is cute." Ashton points out as he drags me over to a section filled with skirts and crop tops.

"Ashton, why are you more into this than me?" I ask with a laugh with some nervousness behind it. I really didn't want to feel judged by the store clerks.

"Whatever, just start trying stuff on." he says with a smile and begins shoving things into my arms.

"Won't the sales people think I'm weird?" I whisper to him and he just shrugs.